Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

5th Gen 1999 Manual 2.2 vtec, 61k miles

Selling a car? Stick it in this section
SOLUDE
My Generation: 5G

5th Gen 1999 Manual 2.2 vtec, 61k miles

Post by SOLUDE » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:19 pm

Hi guys, I've been a bit quiet for a while due to work. I'm considering selling the Lude as it's just sitting on my drive with no time to use (run every 2 weeks to keep in good fettle). As per the title it has only 61k verified miles, great condition, engine perfect and just had £800 full service, belts, rocker gasket, fuel system flush/injectors cleaned, plugs and detailed inspection at Honda main dealers. File of history (belt changes at 34k and 61k), receipts etc.
Body very good for year but it's red so some sun fade on roof, bonnet. No rust to mention, small scab on drivers rear arches inside, externally none. Few small dings and scuffs but v good.
Was a dealer show car and has rare full salmon red leather seats with Team Honda Sport stitched in. Was then owned by various Honda employees until Toby who was a member on here. Motegi kit then fitted (purchased off Lanky Sod?) and a skunk 2 exhaust.

I had planned to restore to concourse with new paint and probably remove the Skunk 2 exhaust (have the original). But sadly time and an offer of a Cayman from a friend means she will probably go on to a good home.
So, big question is value.... It's rare manual UK, super low mileage black top in unmolested condition for age with a few light scrapes and dings, with a unique Honda interior. What do you guys reckon before I upload pics and formalise the sale?
If it's too low I will just garage it and bring back to glory in a few years. If it sounds fair I will take lots more pics and list here 1st before the bay etc..
Thanks in advance

Lankysod07
XBOX GamerTag: Tumber07

Post by Lankysod07 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:40 pm

Heya bud, sad to hear your thinking of selling up. Understandable reasons tho, Toby did come down to see me last year for the motegi kit, which he did a very good job having it painted a fitted.

The interior is amazing, very rare and in great condition!

Definitely vouch for this car, it's in superb condition and has been well looked after!

Regards price, I would very much like to see what the others think also!

Good luck with the sale bud, if it comes to it!

SOLUDE

Re: 5th Gen 1999 Manual 2.2 vtec, 61k miles

Post by SOLUDE » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:30 pm

Thanks mate, appreciate the kind words. I love the car but quickly realised I didn't want to batter it with my 100ml a day M25 commute, it would handle it well but it seems a bit too special for this (and I have a big comfy economical diesel auto estate.... Ssoooo boring though), and it's 2hrs of nose to tail stop start.
The Motegi kit looks great on the car!
Let's see what happens, it may end up a garage queen yet if values not sensible. Shame as these cars do better with regular use!

Lankysod07
XBOX GamerTag: Tumber07

Post by Lankysod07 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:03 pm

SOLUDE wrote:Shame as these cars do better with regular use!
They really do, I drive mine daily and it doesn't miss a beat, leave it for 2 weeks and something creeps up!

Sailor
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 0G

Post by Sailor » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:38 pm

Pictures?
International Pensioner of Mystery

Jamie P 2013
XBOX GamerTag: Radion GX

Post by Jamie P 2013 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:37 pm

Would this not be a redtop engine? A8?

SOLUDE

Post by SOLUDE » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:55 pm

Hi, definitely a Blacktop, there were some that ran on. Especially if a dealer didn't register the car immediately but I'm sure someone will be along that knows more.
As for pics, I have them in photobucket but can't seem to get them to work here. I'll try again in the next few days.
Any ideas value wise even a rough estimate or range based on description? I may just chance my arm on eBay but would prefer it to go to a club member or at least give first refusal on here..
To kick things off, I was thinking £2500-£3500 based on spec/mileage but market seems all over the place. I've seen some go for more with low but higher than my mileage and some good cars for less so thoughts welcome...I'm not committing a price, just trying to stimulate opinion.
Cheers

SOLUDE

Post by SOLUDE » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:30 pm

SOLUDE

Post by SOLUDE » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:38 pm

None of these are great pics but give a general idea about the car and condition... I need to get some more done and internal ones
Also.. the photos dont really show the sun fade on the bonnet and roof, its a bit milky in places!

Seats are not quite as pink as flash makes them look on this... more salmon/red colour

King_Buckfast

Post by King_Buckfast » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:49 pm

I sent you a wee message mate. Cheers,

Return to “Cars for sale”