Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Genuine Motegi Prelude for sale

Selling a car? Stick it in this section
Les156
My Generation: 5G

Genuine Motegi Prelude for sale

Post by Les156 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:31 pm

Hi Guys,

How much would you expect to pay for a year 2000 genuine Motegi Prelude with 65k on the clock ?
Paintwork is gold , alloys and rocker are painted in cherry red metallic , interior is full black leather .
Can't seem to find an identical car anywhere to compare against. This one is mint !! Advice please.

Scott560

Post by Scott560 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:51 pm

depends on engine and gearbox.

2.2 manual is the most valuable. Almost certainly get more if you painted the wheels standard.

at the end of the day, its only worth what someone will pay. I like the gold but its not to everyone's taste. I suspect its worth 2k+ if its a 2.2 manual. Less if auto, less still if its a 2ltr only.
'00 UKDM 2.2VTI H22a8
'21 'e' Advance

Les156

Post by Les156 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:10 pm

2.2 manual . It's hard to gauge as you just don't seem to find the genuine s only the standards with the body kit. Must add its actually a friend of mine who owns it. It sits in a garage all year only comes out for a few days in the summer so absolutely mint !! Traders seem to average just shy of 3k for a body kit copy with same milage and year. Must admit 2k seems incredibly low for such a stunning example. Norwich Honda have only ever had 1 through their doors and that was a guy from up north who was visiting relations they were telling my mate recently. Seem to be rare as hens teeth !

Les156

Post by Les156 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:12 pm

Also forgot to mention its fitted with an induction kit.

mills
LotM Winner
XBOX GamerTag: mills1705

Post by mills » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:46 pm

As far as I'm aware, there's no such thing as a genuine motegi prelude. All motegi parts were just optional extras comprising of the lip kit, wheels, suspension, and of course the very cool motegi bootlid badge.

From the sounds of your mates prelude, if it has the full motegi extras, and is completely mint with the low mileage, he should be asking upwards of 3K :!:

Got any pics :?:

norks27
Supporter 2016

Post by norks27 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:35 pm

I believe @mills is correct. Motegi's where simply VTi's with the optional extras, (bodykit and lower suspension).

It is however a rare Prelude given it will have the A8 engine and leather interiors are hard to come by. Also heated seats.
The Sparkle Yellow colour, (though it's a divisive colour), is also pretty rare I believe.

Does he still have the original induction? Would be better if that where fitted as late model Preludes had the one from the S-Type, (someone correct me if I am wrong).

I agree 3k and up if mint.
Check arches, what may appear to be a tiny spot of superficial rust around a rear arch is indicative of trouble in the inner arches.

Les156

Post by Les156 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:38 pm

Will try to upload images tomorrow. Spoken to Simon who owns the car and he assures me its the Limited edition Motegi from the factory. Cruise , Air , Sunroof , heated seats and mirrors. Professionally fitted stainless induction but still has the original airbox to go with the car at sale.
Also the interior is full black leather.
Rocker cover cheery red enamel.
4ws .
As I said a rare car that never gets driven , don't laugh but he's now into restoring vintage tractors so the Prelude is looking for a new home !!

Les156

Post by Les156 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:59 pm

Ok guys how do I upload pictures?

PreludePete
Supporter 2016

Re: Genuine Motegi Prelude for sale

Post by PreludePete » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:58 am

There is such a thing as factory supplied Motegi 5th Gen!

I have one that I bought recently and it is described as such on the order form and I have a specific brochure for it!

It has £87k on the clock and is manual, you can't get the uprated engine H22A8 with an auto.

Mine is very good but not perfect but with full service history etc I was happy to pay £3.5k.

As you say "original" factory supplied Motegi's are a rare beast. I would happily pay up tp £4k for a mint one. Half the cost of restoring a dog!

Pete

Return to “Cars for sale”