Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

1999V Honda Prelude Vti with extras. IN NEED OF TLC

Selling a car? Stick it in this section
King_Buckfast
My Generation: 5G

Post by King_Buckfast » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:37 pm

Hi there!

So, I've been a silly boy. I bought this VTI with the intent of getting her looking fresh again but due to circumstances outwith my control, I will no longer be able to fund the build. I will be as honest as possible in this ad and if anyone has any questions, I will do my very best to answer them for you. My knowledge when it comes to all things honda Isn't incredible so if any of you could help out identifying everything (especially the upgrades and such), that would be most helpful. On to the car!

This is a manual transmission, 1999 Prelude VTI. The car has 120k on the clock (will confirm exact milage ASAP as car is currently SORN) Car has MOT until may 2018

The good bits :
Car is in excellent running condition - Never missed a beat and comes with loads of service history. Pulls great in all gears and clutch seems to be strong.
Some rare exterior parts on there such as the hood spoiler.
Interior is in brilliant condition - no rips or tears.
2 keys and immobiliser fobs plus the programming key and valet key all supplied.
4wheel steering still works perfectly.
Cool looking fender flare kit (Well I think it's cool anyway :lol: )
HKS intake
Car comes with a boot full of extras including lowering springs and a full cutback exhaust which I believe to be made by Skunk2. (and much more) The Azev Style B wheels (17x10) and the Yokohama tyres will be supplied with he car also. The exhaust manifold is also upgraded.

The bad bits:

The car has rust. I will try and detail this to the best of my ability in the pictures but the main areas of concern are the rear arches. When the previous owner installed the fender flares, they failed to seal the exposed area where the wheel arch was cut, allowing moisture in. This has resulted in a bubbling patch at the top of the rear drivers side wheel arch and a rotting area and the bottom of both wheel arches. I was quoted 500 pounds to fix both areas of rust.
The overall condition of the paint isn't excellent. Looks fine from 3 feet away but on closer inspection, it's clear that areas of the car have been re-painted at some point and the paint is beginning to fail. To get this car looking great, It will require some paint work for sure.
At low speeds, a failed bushing in the front drivers side suspension is causing a squeaking noise when the wheel is turned. Said failed part will be supplied for when new owner wants to fix this.
The aforementioned Azev wheels have seen better days and suffer from kerb rash and overall untidiness. I also do not have the key for the centre cap lock.

If there is ANYTHING I've missed that people would like to know, don't hesitate to get in touch. Genuine reason for sale.

I would be happy to get £1300 for the car. Car is located in Glasgow and all viewings are welcome. Many thanks, Lee

PICTURES HERE::: http://s1259.photobucket.com/user/King_ ... slideshow/

Sailor
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 0G

Post by Sailor » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:26 pm

Looks good. One of my favourite 5G colours.

I would worry that the rust is more extensive than it seems. What did the people who quoted you £500 have to say about the inner arches?
International Pensioner of Mystery

King_Buckfast

Post by King_Buckfast » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:04 pm

If I'm being honest, I don't recall them mentioning it at all but I've been in there with a screwdriver looking for weak spots and it seems that it's not too bad on the inner portion.

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Post by wurlycorner » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:10 am

That's an interesting looking lude with some tasty bits 8-)
GLWTS

King_Buckfast

Post by King_Buckfast » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:09 pm

I should also mention that (if it's in accordance with the forum rules?) I would be interested in a trade. If somebody happens to be looking for a good deal on a project, I would be willing to trade this vehicle, with money your way, for the right car.

Cheers, Lee

newkid
Supporter 2016
PSN GamerTag: spaz_ma_taz

Post by newkid » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:45 pm

lucylou’s old Lude.

King_Buckfast

Post by King_Buckfast » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:49 pm

Okay, £1000 now. Come take it away before I make some terrible financial decisions!

Drax

Post by Drax » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:21 pm

Wow! That is a 5g with some PH 8-)
2.2 JDM DOHC SI-VTEC LSD TCS 4WS ABS BB1 MANUAL 1992
FOR PAUL

Rhawkes69

Post by Rhawkes69 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:30 pm

Hi is this still for sale cheers
Rob