Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

1st Gen Up on Blocks for 30 years! Any takers?

Selling a car? Stick it in this section
markt
My Generation: 1G

1st Gen Up on Blocks for 30 years! Any takers?

Post by markt » Sat May 05, 2018 6:19 am

OK Prelude folk, here's the deal. My wife and I moved out to the USA many years ago. My father-in-law, now deceased, decided about 30 or so years ago that they only needed one car in retirement. He then put the Prelude, which as far as I know is very low miles, up on blocks (2 ft up in the air for reasons to be explained) as, obviously, the most logical course of action. It was prepped for this with all the sensible things being done as he was an engineer by trade. Anyway, it never came down and has sat there under tarps and quilts, with a few cardboard boxes on the roof, from the late 80's or early 90's and so it remains. The body is the original white, completely unblemished, with a blue interior. Basically we're talking a barn-find for someone here. My father-in-law was the original owner, and everything is totally as delivered (I think even the tyres too but that's an original part you probably don't want to keep).

So, why so high up - well, it's in a garage by the river in Purley-on-Thames and water does get in there every now and then (it's on the towpath that the BBC loves to use whenever there's flooding and they want to show bursting banks etc - lovely location but not for everyone for sure). Anyway, it's never got that high so it's stayed dry and the height it was raised to kept it secure. That said, I suspect it's horribly musty inside having been pretty much closed up all these years. Nope, I don't have any more details to hand or photographs yet. I did take a peek and the interior looks OK with some cleaning, the exterior appears totally rust free (the underside is rust-proofed) but I didn't expose it fully as I didn't have time).

Well, it's now never going to be used as my wife's mother is now in a home and the house is being gradually cleared. I don't know all the details, have no idea how easy it would be to put back on the road (I suspect not too hard) and it's probably a gem for someone. As I live 6000 miles away, there's not much more I can say or do about it till the end of June when I'm next in the UK.

It would take some effort to get down and then to check out so it's probably a flatbed to your workshop or garage but I'd dearly love this modern classic to see another life. Contact me if you want to arrange something when I'm next over.

I hate to see a good car go to waste!

Mark

eddie_squidd
My Generation: 5G

Post by eddie_squidd » Sat May 05, 2018 8:14 am

Sounds amazing. I'm sure someone will be very interested in this.

mynameisowen
My Generation: 3G
PSN GamerTag: mynameisowen

Post by mynameisowen » Sat May 05, 2018 8:35 am

Good luck with the sale. I'm sure some pictures would help.
'91 BA7 White B20A7 4WS 2.0-16
'98 BB8 Green H22A5 Motegi VTi

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine
My Generation: 4G
PSN GamerTag: M149YSL

Post by indigolemon » Sat May 05, 2018 9:02 am

Sound like an excellent project, wouldn't you agree Wurlycorner :P
'On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.' - Charles Babbage

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Sat May 05, 2018 9:25 am

I do indeed indigo :D
Thanks for the heads up :hug: (Nafe also messaged me)
Have replied on the other post in 'look what I found' and have also PM'd :D

markt

Post by markt » Sat May 05, 2018 7:54 pm

Hi Prelude folk - since I found a few poor images, how the heck do I post them here? Cheers, Mark

TitzonToast
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: TitzonToast

Post by TitzonToast » Sun May 06, 2018 2:49 pm

markt wrote:Hi Prelude folk - since I found a few poor images, how the heck do I post them here? Cheers, Mark
The easiest way I've found is to use Imgur. I'm dying to see what this time capsule looks like.
Tamquam Pullum Gustavit

markt

Post by markt » Sun May 06, 2018 9:29 pm

OK, poor quality teasers from my PAYG cheap UK phone but you get the idea if this works! Enjoy...

vanzep
Supporter 2016

Post by vanzep » Sun May 06, 2018 10:22 pm

:)
is this the lude that had downdraft carbs?
1996-2000 1993 EG9 Blue Civic 1.6 Vti - Traded in against the BB4
2000-2019 1994 2WS BB4 Milano Red JDM Prelude Si VTEC LSD

2015 on > 1991 4WS BB1 Phantom Pearl Grey JDM Prelude Si VTEC LSD
2021 ON > 1998 2WS BB6 White Pearl JDM Prelude Si VTEC

markt

Post by markt » Sun May 06, 2018 11:30 pm

Not a clue. It's still titled to my father-in-law, the original owner, since deceased, and sitting in storage in the garage of their house we're gradually clearing. Sorry - I personally don't know the first thing about Preludes other than I wanted one back in the day but moved to the USA before that happened :-)

Return to “Cars for sale”