Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Restoration Project

Selling a car? Stick it in this section
Alanwheeldon
My Generation: 3G

Restoration Project

Post by Alanwheeldon » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:39 pm

My Aunty has a Mk3 2.0i auto carb which needs a lot of love. She has had this car for a very long time but health issues have left it off the road now for years. I tried to get it to start the other day but it wouldn’t fire up. It would turn over fine and has a spark but wouldn’t start. Might just be the plugs?

The worst thing about the car now is the bodywork, it is in real bad condition. The sills just fell apart in my hands when I touched them so it needs a lot of work in the welding and paint department. The roof has also gone by the window.

She is on the verge of sending it to the scrap yard but ideally she would love someone to take it and bring it back to it’s former glory but it a very big and expensive project to take on. I was hoping someone on here might be interested or know of someone who would be willing to take on the work for my Aunty.

The car is based in Chesterfield, Derbyshire. I hope the link to the photos works

https://photos.app.goo.gl/oEHXdP7NQeSwgLXC7

Sailor
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 0G

Post by Sailor » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:50 pm

The photos work.

I hope you find someone to save her.
International Pensioner of Mystery

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Post by wurlycorner » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:24 pm

Hi
Thanks for joining up and posting the car.
Ooft, have to say, much as it pains me (I hate to see a lude die and I am generally always an optimist when it comes to looking at cars!) but... That's about as badly gone as any 3g I've seen and that needs an absolute ton of fiddly work to repair that bodywork.
I'd have to say I think it's only realistic as a parts car I'm afraid.
Hope I'm wrong and someone is prepared to take it on though.

Ard21t
My Generation: 3G

Re: Restoration Project

Post by Ard21t » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:36 pm

Hi is the car still available. Many thanks mark. 07722430195

Return to “Cars for sale”