Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Blue 5G Prelude 2.2VTI Manual

Selling a car? Stick it in this section
shaunh
My Generation: 5G

Post by shaunh » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:26 pm

Hi, I'm selling my 5G, please see the description below and don't hesitate to ask me anything you want to know. I'm looking for £3500 but open to hearing offers.

I have owned the car since 2016 and live in Billericay, Essex. Its a high-miler at 173810 and has 9 previous owners.

Ebay Listing Below:

Rare 1998 Honda Prelude 2.2VTI with desireable VTEC engine and manual gearbox in sky blue.

Due to lack of space on the drive i am having to sell my Honda Prelude, this is becoming a rare car (particularly with the VTEC engine and manual gearbox together) and I have put in a lot of work to try and keep this on the road including:

Replaced radiator
Replaced synchronisers in gearbox
Replaced engine oil seals
Replaced mid and rear exhaust sections

The car has been repainted at some point in its life from the original dark blue to the "passion blue" which it currently has, which makes it look much better in my opinion. The 17 inch original honda alloy wheels have also been resprayed from silver to graphite and I have not put many miles on the four reasonably new Hankook tyres. The body has the bumper add-ons and side skirts of the "Motegi" body kit option. The car has the electronic four wheel steering system working properly, which allows tight turns at slow speeds and precise lane changes at high speeds, to aid parking I have fitted a reversing camera. Cruise control and air conditioning are fitted and working. The dealer I bought the car from changed the timing/balance shaft belts and an aftermarket alarm/immobiliser operates the power locks.

It has recently passed its MOT with no advisories.

As for the bad points the current paint job hasn't been done to the top standard with some peeling/flaking around the window frames and panel joins but this can only been seen up close and is quite minor.
There is also some cracking to what looks like filler on the rear bumper where it hit a post, this could just use cleaning up, refilling and painting. The rear wheelarches are starting to show some rust as shown in the pictures too.

I will remove my stereo headunit so the car will be sold without one but any cheap double-DIN unit will fit.

Ebay listing here (with pictures): https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/233530735076 ... 1555.l2649

Scott560

Post by Scott560 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:47 pm

Welcome to the forum.

Doubt you will get much interest at that price, so if you're looking for a quick sale you might need to revise the price.

Just my opinion of course, you'll have to let us know if when it sells.
'00 UKDM 2.2VTI H22a8
'21 'e' Advance

Anzezaf

Post by Anzezaf » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:01 pm

Yeah, +1.. Sorry but I also think that the price is too high for rusty wheel arches

Lankysod07
XBOX GamerTag: Tumber07

Post by Lankysod07 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:40 am

Yep, interesting colour and with that mileage, rusty arches and cosmetic TLC required, definetly priced way too high!

km666
PSN GamerTag: fargoneonone

Post by km666 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:05 pm

Given what people are asking on eBay does it seem so overpriced next to £2995 for an automatic 2.0? I mean I paid a bag of sand for my current one so I think all the Preludes on eBay are overpriced but in the context of what others are asking...
-KM666

shaunh

Post by shaunh » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:52 pm

Thanks for the replies everyone, I'm not too sure what it's really worth but im not in a hurry to sell as it will be a while before i get another car and only then will I need the space.

I think i can see how much interest it gets now and maybe try to fix the rust myself or lower the price slightly at a later date.

Return to “Cars for sale”