Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

1997 Prelude 2.0i Silver Auto

Selling a car? Stick it in this section
farisr
My Generation: 5G

1997 Prelude 2.0i Silver Auto

Post by farisr » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:11 pm

The time has come for my lovely Prelude to find a new owner.

She's done nearly 98,000 miles since her birth in 1997.
She's had 4 owners since new.
She's MOTed until December 2021

She drives well in general, but there's a vibration at around 70mph but which goes away at slightly higher speeds should you be driving on an unrestricted German autobahn. I had the wheels balanced when I first noticed this, but it made no difference.

The steering, which used to be pin sharp, is now what I'd call "normal" - more like an ordinary car rather than a pin sharp Prelude. This model does not have 4 wheel steering).

I would describe the ride as "soft".

Large parts of the exhaust fell off in mid 2020, at a very inopportune moment! After the required parts were replaced I started to hear what I thought was a slight whistle when accelerating. The garage that replaced the exhaust parts tell me everything is fine and dandy though, and it did pass its MOT perfectly well.

There are various dents and scratches. Her body has not had the TLC she deserves.
There are numerous small rust spots as you might imagine on a car of this age that has never had a new coat of paint.
The driver-side door mirror is no longer electrically operated and is held in place with some putty.

There is no obvious water ingress (to me, anyway) but the inside of the windscreen always seems covered in condensation when it's cold - and sometimes there's enough to freeze. It takes a while for the blower to warm up.

The A/C has recently stopped blowing cold air. I don't know if it is a gas leak or if the compressor has failed.

No cambelt/timing/anything has ever been done on the engine. Just standard services and parts replacements.
I have a pile of random service receipts but I won't call it an FSH. Indeed, because she rarely gets driven more than 10k miles per year, there are several years when no service was done.

She lives in North Wales - near-ish to Portmeirion (Google it!).

I will consider any reasonable offer but buyer most definitely collects and there is absolutely no warranty.

I am very nervous of selling to a stranger, so you will have to be patient and understanding with me.

I would be very happy to do a video tour with a prospective buyer using Google Hangouts (or Zoom).

These photos were taken in February 2018 when she'd done 96,000 (now at 98,000) miles but I don't think anything has significantly changed since then.

Return to “Cars for sale”