Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

For Sale: 1994 MK4 JDM Prelude 2.2 Si Vtec - Manual

Selling a car? Stick it in this section
blittlej
My Generation: 4G

Post by blittlej » Mon May 17, 2021 1:49 pm

Forgive my ignorance but I’ve only dipped into forums like this previously to get technical info by viewing the Q&As and member conversations – which I’ve been so grateful for. I'm not Now I’m in the unfortunate position of looking to sell my Lude as I need a SWB 4X4 and cannot afford to keep two vehicles. It's a 1994 JDM MK4 Prelude 2.2 Si Vtec Manual DOHC in what I think is called Granada Black Pearl (NH-503P). Chassis # BB4 1203972, Engine # H22A 1105899. There is no 4WS, LSD or ABS but it does have cruise control. The car practically drives itself on the motorway with no shaking or pulling to one side – it’s straight as an arrow. It comes with a meticulous history for the last 8 years of my ownership with all the receipts and paperwork you would want to see for a much-loved vehicle.

I’ll try to keep from rambling but it’s almost impossible. I’m looking to sell the car for £3999 ono with lots of great spares. The car is based in Stoke-on-Trent and MOT’d until November 2021 – I expect it to sail through the next one like it always does. The mileage is 120,000 which will go up as I drive it every day, but it's the regular use that's kept it in good health.

First the bad points: it has the usual rust areas all Preludes have sooner or later but nothing catastrophic. Last year someone ‘keyed’ it on the driver’s side all the way along - I've no idea why! Fortunately, it wasn’t to the bare metal so there’s no corrosion there. Mechanical matters are more my area so I’ve never taken-on the bodywork. Despite these issues it still looks great and turns heads. Oh, the radio hasn’t worked properly for a while. I’m an honest person and wouldn’t dream of getting a ‘cheap fix’ done just to get it sold.

This is a JDM model with motorised folding wing-mirrors and the blacktop H22A 197bhp engine - there are so few of these left on the road now. It has working JDM yellow fog lights - they look fantastic and they also widen the visible area at night without blinding anyone. The dash is the original neon type with the dimmer switch in the centre console – just genius! It has a few signs of it's Japanese origins including genuine Japanese coins I found under the carpet - I now keep this in the rear ashtray for luck.

The main non-stock items include:

Enkei 92 alloys - Bought from new for £599 (original wheels in spares list)
Tinted rear lights - Tastefully done but originals included as spare
Stainless Exhaust System - Rare Fujitsubo header and downpipe + high-flow Cat. I have a fair amount of the original exhaust in varying degrees of condition - some of it may be useful. The stainless exhaust system is sporty sounding due to the hi-flow but it’s not loud or obnoxious which wouldn’t have been to my taste.
UK spec headlights and rear plate surround - Originals JDM lights and surround in spares
Air-con. delete - Original bits in spares - it had a leak but I also wanted less clutter and reduce the ancillaries running off the crank pulley (surely I gained 0.1bhp? :)
Aftermarket cam. billet - Stock ones tend to weep after a while
Balance shaft oil seal retainer - A cheap, easy precaution when servicing the cambelt etc
K&M air filter - Same size and shape as the original, just better filtration and breathability
Aluminium radiator - Better cooling and no corrosion
Kill-switch - It's an easy mod and a bit of extra insurance against theft
MK5 Prelude glass sunroof fitted - More light and no more rusty sunroof! (original spec. roof in spares - not Granada Black but not rusty either)
ClimAir wind deflectors - Probably the best upgrade you can get for under £50 after the K&M air filter.
Locking wheel nuts
Wiring for a subwoofer installed

I never need to top-up the oil and I’ve changed it every six months along with the filter (genuine Honda). I’ve always used Castrol Magnatec 10w 40 and, believe it or not, I’ve only ever filled-up with Shell V-Power for nearly 8 years! The cambelt was changed in 2019 and I also went to the expense of replacing the water pump, tensioner and all cambelt pulleys with genuine Honda parts shipped from Japan at a cost of nearly £500! (I have all the receipts). It was at this time I decided to fit the balance-shaft seal retainer as a precaution.

A list of some of the spares included:

Original buzz-saw alloy wheels
Complete intake with EGR etc
Driveshafts
Front D/S Door with all components etc
Various original and Stainless exhaust parts
Power steering pump
Alternator
Original MK4 sunroof (in silver)
Original, un-used air filter
Power steering pump complete seal kit (unopened, Genuine Honda)
New half-shaft bearing
Main oil seal (unopened, Genuine Honda)
Spare balance shaft seals etc (unopened, Genuine Honda)
Original rear lenses
Original one-piece headlights
Old cam pulleys, water-pump and two tensioners
Pagid front discs (unopened)
Full set of pads with loads of use left in them
Ignition barrel, door locks, boot lock and luggage compartment with genuine Honda key
Loads of spare Honda clips, washers, bolts and clips etc
Sump gasket (unopened, Genuine Honda)
The old control arms
Honda & Vtec badge
Exhaust parts inc. original manifold etc but this needs and new stud
DeCat. pipe
Un-used fibreglass rear windscreen visor
D/S skirt
Window seals and trim
Pair of original front wings (no rust)
Aircon system inc. compressor etc minus a few pipes but the rest is there
Door speaker housings
D/S wing mirror
Spiggot rings
Quick-shift gear linkage

New in the last few years:

Front and rear upper control arms
Rear hubs and bearings
Front bearings
Battery
Tyres
Reconditioned front cross beam
Discs and pads
Reconditioned front cross-beam from donor Prelude
If the car sells for the right price, I may include the full set of genuine Prelude technician manuals and brochures including the bodywork supplement. I also have a genuine dealer’s parts catalogue which I believe is pretty rare. I have the special tool for the crank pulley bolt that I may include but again it all depends on what offer I'm prepared to accept.

Anyway, please feel free to ask any questions or correct anything I may have gotten wrong - I appreciate you folks know your stuff!

The images should be hosted here:

Please let me know if there are issues with this as I'm not that familiar with forums or image hosting.

Many thanks,

Ben

Hagland-BB4

Post by Hagland-BB4 » Tue May 18, 2021 9:13 pm

Nice car, why has it got a UK boot and numberplate aswell as the front plate.
Also might be worth getting the rust issues done, will be easier to sell I think
Now
1994 Prelude 2.2 - JDM BB4 SI VTEC LSD (Sebring Silver - NH552M)
1996 Prelude 2.2 - UKDM BB1 VTEC (Milano Red - R81)
1993 Prelude 2.2 - JDM BB1 SI VTEC (Sebring Silver - NH552M)

Then
1996 Prelude 2.2 - UKDM BB1 VTEC (Championship Whte - NH0)
1995 Prelude 2.2 - UKDM BB1 (Phantom Grey - NH561P)
1995 Prelude 2.2 - JDM BB4 SI VTEC LSD (Granada Black - NH503P)
1995 Prelude 2.2 - JDM BB1 4WS (Sebring Silver - NH552M)

Drax

Post by Drax » Wed May 19, 2021 11:17 am

despite the little amount of rust for a jdm 4g, i think this is a bargin these days for 4k! good luck with the sale, i want to personally snap this from you but i need to get the 5g going and i have a garage full of spares already.... i need a 2nd garage lol plus she looks beautiful!! but i have a soft spot for black 4g's ... no idea why :D
2.2 JDM DOHC SI-VTEC LSD TCS 4WS ABS BB1 MANUAL 1992
FOR PAUL

blittlej

Post by blittlej » Wed May 19, 2021 6:39 pm

Thanks for the replies. I was driving through the Peak District today and couldn’t believe I’m having to sell it - it drives so well. A few years down the line we might have a bigger house with a driveway to accommodate a few cars, but right now I can’t have more than one vehicle and I need something rough and ready for work.

I prefer the UK number plates, it’s just personal taste (the JDM rear plate is in the spares list). Given the low, wide posture of these cars; I always found the taller, shorter oblong JDM plates a bit out of sync with the rest of the body etc.

I think the rust is acceptable for a car of this age, of this spec and at this price with all the extras. I don’t have a lot of money to spend and I wouldn’t want to get a cheap, quick-fix done just to sell it on as supposedly rust free and then have it come back in wintertime to haunt the new owner! I always find a little bit of work on the car helps you bond with it anyway 😊 I’m hoping someone would be happy to tackle the bodywork themselves - I would if circumstances allowed.

Hagland-BB4

Post by Hagland-BB4 » Wed May 19, 2021 7:04 pm

good answer to be fair buddy
Now
1994 Prelude 2.2 - JDM BB4 SI VTEC LSD (Sebring Silver - NH552M)
1996 Prelude 2.2 - UKDM BB1 VTEC (Milano Red - R81)
1993 Prelude 2.2 - JDM BB1 SI VTEC (Sebring Silver - NH552M)

Then
1996 Prelude 2.2 - UKDM BB1 VTEC (Championship Whte - NH0)
1995 Prelude 2.2 - UKDM BB1 (Phantom Grey - NH561P)
1995 Prelude 2.2 - JDM BB4 SI VTEC LSD (Granada Black - NH503P)
1995 Prelude 2.2 - JDM BB1 4WS (Sebring Silver - NH552M)

AmyFitz999

Post by AmyFitz999 » Thu May 20, 2021 7:00 pm

What a stunning car.....I owned a manual 1993 2.2 VTEC in the early 2000's and I absolutely adored it. Looking at your car brings back so many memories. Have you sold it yet?

blittlej

Post by blittlej » Fri May 21, 2021 3:31 pm

Thanks, no not sold yet. I thought I’d put it on here first for a week or so before advertising elsewhere (probably eBay). Unfortunately I’m not getting email notifications of posts on this page so I’m just checking-in daily incase there’s any interest. I’ll double-check my profile settings to see if I’ve missed something. I am such a noob!

AmyFitz999

Post by AmyFitz999 » Fri May 21, 2021 5:47 pm

Sounds so sad, but I keep having a sneaky look through all the photos of the car, she is beautiful. If I had the cash and somewhere to store her, I'd snap your hand off at 4k.

Return to “Cars for sale”