Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

5th Gen VTi, Manual, Motegi kit, SOLD

Selling a car? Stick it in this section
lincs
My Generation: 5G

5th Gen VTi, Manual, Motegi kit, SOLD

Post by lincs » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:06 pm

1997 R Reg
Black
2.2 VTEC, Manual Box
Motegi Bodykit
Loads of service history and old MOTs
4WS works perfectly and all the lights flash up on the dash as they should on start up
Tax June 2012, MOT September 2012
Full electrics, CD player, cruise etc
Has all manuals, spare keys etc.

Off the top of my head, within the last year the car has had,
new battery
new starter motor
new distributor
couple of tyres
new front discs and pads
new rear ball joints

also cambelt was done at 115700 miles. clutch is good. gearbox good, except from a little crunchy going into 5th at high revs. Engine pulls really well. Will need a couple of front tyres at some point within the next year but perfectly legal now. Rears are practically new. Air con doesn't blow that cold. I suspect it just needs re-gassing as it worked perfectly well earlier on this year but I went away for quite a few months and it was left standing. Not that it ever gets used in this country anyway. passenger electric window switch doesn't work. passenger window mechanism itself works perfectly fine as it operates from the driver side controls. Pence to replace if it bothered you.

I've owned the car for over three years and loved everything about it. The previous owner had her for 9 years so although i think its had 5 previous owners, its changed hands only once in 12 years. The car does unfortunately suffer from some honda rust on the rear arches, but to be fair, not too many of these are rust free these days.
I'm a full time student as of septemer last year (unfortunately i'm nowhere near 18 though) so I've no real need for a car these days. My mate, however, is trying to persuade me to get an mx-5 though, so this may end up going towards that come spring, rather than books(beer) :D

Car is located in Leeds

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Last edited by lincs on Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.

JayJay
My Generation: 4G

Post by JayJay » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:18 am

I got my lude while I was still at Uni, took every excuse to go for a drive :lol: Not the cheapest car for a student to run though, especially these days with the petrol prices.
Shiny wrote:I sniff dirty pants.

lincs

Re: 5th Gen VTi, Manual, Motegi kit, Black £995 ONO

Post by lincs » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:46 am

I got my lude while I was still at Uni, took every excuse to go for a drive Not the cheapest car for a student to run though, especially these days with the petrol prices.
Tell me about it. I use my SV650 as my daily hack so having a car as well is definitely a tad extravagent. It is nice when you need to go shopping though, although you quicky turn into a free taxi for everyone.

lincs

Post by lincs » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:31 pm

There is a good chance I may be picking up an mx5 tomorrow morning, so if that happens i'll be open to cheeky offers on this, since I only have a permit for 1 car and dont fancy forking out for another one while this is up for sale!

lincs

Post by lincs » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:04 pm

800!!!

picked up a cheap mx5 this morning so this needs to go asap as I only have 1 parking permit. Everything works, long tax and test etc...

lincs

Re: 5th Gen VTi, Manual, Motegi kit, Black NOW £800 ONO!!!

Post by lincs » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:16 pm

any interest at 700 before an honest car gets crushed??

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine
My Generation: 4G
PSN GamerTag: M149YSL

Post by indigolemon » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:43 pm

Have you tried it on pistonheads man (it's free)? Problem with advertising here is that most people have ludes ;)

Be a real shame for it to get crushed though!
'On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.' - Charles Babbage

stk prelude

Post by stk prelude » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:05 pm

dont crush... if you stripped tho id take the headlights side skirts and rear lip. but tbh someone should buy the car at a whole.. but if you do strip.. first bids on them parts ;)

nitin_s1
PSN GamerTag: N171N

Post by nitin_s1 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:07 pm

Why would you crush it? Take off that motegi kit and sell it for a bit of profit. :arrow:

lincs

Post by lincs » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:36 pm

I dont really want to scrap the car, would much rather see someone get some use out of it. Its much too good for scrap IMO but no one has even come to look at the car. If someone wants the full motegi kit they are welcome to come and take it off the car (dunno what they go for these days, 250???), then I can either sell the car silly cheap without it or claim tax back and drive it down to the scrap bank.

Return to “Cars for sale”