Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

'The Dog' Si Vtec LSD - Sell or Break? £450 ono

Selling a car? Stick it in this section
CrunchyAdams82
My Generation: 4G

'The Dog' Si Vtec LSD - Sell or Break? £450 ono

Post by CrunchyAdams82 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:23 pm

The car is a 1994/L JDM H22A BB1 Si Vtec LSD with TCS. Mileage: unknown. Car had wrong dials in when I bought it, and no service history. All I can say is Gearbox & Clutch are both good, engine is strong, but broken (still drives fine atm).

As a few of you will be aware, I bought this as a project car, but 6 weeks later the bottom end has given out. The lower crank has had it, and so the entire bottom end requires a rebuild. :cry:

One of the main redeeming features of this car was that the engine felt strong and willing. So now that has gone, it is uneconomical to pursue the project any further. There's just too much i'd need to do to it. It is a shame because I'm sure the top half of the engine is still good and strong. So if anybody has the expertise to put a fresh bottom end on it at a cost effective price, they'll have themselves a cracking engine.

Fortunately, all is not lost because it does have a few other appealing features. The most prominent of which is the M2B4 LSD gearbox, which feels good & solid. These normally go for around £300 of course. I am only asking a bit more than that for the entire car.

Other notable parts include;

- The interior, which is in truly excellent condition. Seats are fantastic - hardly a mark.
- S/S manifold, straight-through Powerflow centre section, and Powerflow backbox.
- Black-back UKDM headlights
- Original JDM wheels
- JDM steering wheel
- Multi-Plug front bumper loom for optional extra lights
- Brand New Bosch wiper blades all round! Wow
- Plus numerous other obvious parts worth salvaging

The plan was to break the car and hopefully get a cumulative £650-700 for the parts. I could then put this towards another Lude with better bodywork at the end of May, and have that as my project car. To do this however, I would have to call on the likes of Dbo to help me out with this, as I have no tools to pull it apart, nowhere to put it while I strip it down, and nowhere to store the parts until sold. So this is obviously not the most ideal of plans for me. So for the sake of a few hundred pounds, it makes sense for me to offer the car in it's entirety & see if anybody is interested. Even though I'm not making as much as I could, I'll still have enough at the end of May to spend £700-800 on another one, should the car sell, which will get me something half decent to build a new project around. So I'll still be happy with that. :)

The car comes with mot till September but no tax. Not that either of these is overly important as I assume it is going to be broken & scrapped by the next owner.

So the car is located in Southampton, and is available now. I am asking £450 for it or near offer. I think this is fair. You can salvage the parts you want from it, sell the rest, and still make a bit from the scrapyard for the shell. Winner.

It is worth noting that it still drives fine. For how long, I don't know. But I personally would be comfortable driving it a few hundred miles I think.

Let me know if you are interested & I can give you more details/photos if necessary. First come, first served. ;)

Regards, Andy. 07447052593

And this is what noise the engine is making FYI.

http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q72 ... 9bef5e.mp4
Last edited by CrunchyAdams82 on Wed May 01, 2013 6:44 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Profile Thread
Andy's Si VTEC BB4
K30DPC wrote:If you wanna go there is nothing to stop you. ONE LIFE LIVE IT

judderod
PSN GamerTag: judderod

Post by judderod » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:30 pm

^ Better take down those pics of the V5 matey or you might get cloned.

CrunchyAdams82

Post by CrunchyAdams82 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:31 pm

Ok, cheers mate.
Profile Thread
Andy's Si VTEC BB4

Dbo
LotM Winner

Post by Dbo » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:06 pm

Have had a word with one of my customers on my post round and if worst comes to worst we can hire his drive for £30 to dismantle the lude ;)
can sort some room in my garage for storage if really needed :)

good luck m8 but cant see anyone paying that for a non-drivable lude :oops:

aanybody out there want anything off this and make him offers so we can weigh up his best corse of action :?:

CrunchyAdams82

Post by CrunchyAdams82 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:28 pm

Dbo wrote:Have had a word with one of my customers on my post round and if worst comes to worst we can hire his drive for £30 to dismantle the lude ;)
can sort some room in my garage for storage if really needed :)

good luck m8 but cant see anyone paying that for a non-drivable lude :oops:

aanybody out there want anything off this and make him offers so we can weigh up his best corse of action :?:
Thankyou mate. Really appreciate your help. Was only advertising it like this because I don't want to put you out. I know we're all enthusiasts, but I don't want to take the body lemonade. If you helped me I'd have to sort you out with a little something for your troubles anyway. Up to you anyways mate. If you really don't mind helping, it broadens my options somewhat.

Thanks, we'll see how it unfolds. Need to make a decision very soon though, cos want to be getting my next Lude at the end of May..
Profile Thread
Andy's Si VTEC BB4

mynameisowen
My Generation: 3G
PSN GamerTag: mynameisowen

Post by mynameisowen » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:18 pm

I'm interested in this, got an engine I can drop in. Price is a bit high for me though. Let me know what you decide.
'91 BA7 White B20A7 4WS 2.0-16
'98 BB8 Green H22A5 Motegi VTi

CrunchyAdams82

Post by CrunchyAdams82 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:31 pm

mynameisowen wrote:I'm interested in this, got an engine I can drop in. Price is a bit high for me though. Let me know what you decide.
If I'm honest mate, I wouldn't bother dropping another engine into this chassis. There's just too much needs doing. Of course, you could get it back up to showroom standard; but you would have to spend a few thousand to get it mint I'd say. I was ok with that, on the basis that the engine was sound. But if having to fork out for a new engine, and getting it fitted..not worth it imo. If you've got your own engine & you can fit it yourself, perhaps it's worth it. But I don't know. I think this car is destined to be broken. Your call though. Depends on how handy you are I guess..
Profile Thread
Andy's Si VTEC BB4

DaveyBa8
Supporter 2016
XBOX GamerTag: DaveyRocket172

Post by DaveyBa8 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:02 pm

I'd pay that no problems if it was over here lol, that interior is mint. Good luck with the sale.

CrunchyAdams82

Post by CrunchyAdams82 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:07 pm

Thanks
Profile Thread
Andy's Si VTEC BB4

bb1boy
XBOX GamerTag: adam fantastic

Post by bb1boy » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:03 am

Is it a full ukdm conversion on a jdm car? Or ukdm car with jdm vin plate? Those wheels also came on the ukdm 2.3. That interior is in great condition mate, there are some cheap engines around.

Return to “Cars for sale”