Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

M2B4 LSD Gearbox - with free car attached! £300

Selling a car? Stick it in this section
CrunchyAdams82
My Generation: 4G

M2B4 LSD Gearbox - with free car attached! £300

Post by CrunchyAdams82 » Wed May 08, 2013 7:37 am

*Looks like I will be coming along to Japfest on Saturday 11/05/13 with Dbo now. So if anybody who's going wants this, I can drive it up there.*

M2B4 LSD gearbox - comes with free car!

Car is a 1994/L JDM BB1 Si Vtec LSD with TCS.

Alright Peeps,

It's bargain time!

If you are looking for a LSD gearbox, this could be the one - with a few extras thrown in.

As some of you will be aware, the lower crank is on it's way out on my project 4th gen. Due to the bottom end requiring a rebuild, I have decided not to pursue the project further as there would be too much needing doing, at too high a price to get the car up to a decent standard.

I am therefore offering the gearbox for £300, and including the rest of the car for free. This is priced to sell because I just need it out the way now. Unfortunately, I do not have the tools or know how to remove the gearbox, or anywhere to break the vehicle & store parts. Therefore it needs to go in it's entirety. So somebody can do quite well out of this if they know what they're doing.

The car still drives fine atm, but for how long I don't know. I have removed the gearstick gaiter as somebody needed it, and swapped out the plain black interior because Dbo wanted it. The interior that's in there now is all good though. Other than that, it's pretty intact.

I assume whoever buys it will just be harvesting the gearbox, stripping any parts they need, selling the rest, & scrapping the shell. But there are a few points I should mention anyway;

1. Windscreen has multiple cracks.
2. ECU is incorrect (3 pin instead of 4 pin). Still works fine but traction control doesn't work as it's not plugged in, & there is a corresponding warning light on the dash. I damaged the original ECU trying to solder in a Spoon copy chip. Although if necessary, bluejackhustler reckons he may be able to bring it back to life. This is included.
3. ABS light is on.
4. Engine management & catalytic converter warning lights are on because there is no lambda sensor fitted, & cat lead has not been attached & earthed to the chassis following a full exhaust system replacement. Cat will be included with the car.
5. No Tax (MOT till September).
6. Rev counter & speedo don't work properly - probably due to incorrect ECU.
7. Electric mirror switch is tucked away beneath the door card. Current door card will need minor modification to accommodate switch.
8. Paintwork is so far gone it would need a respray.
9. A/C was removed by a previous keeper.
10. Front number plate is not attached to bumper. Currently sat on dash. (Recently put a fresher bumper on there from NafemanNathan).

None of this is a problem if you are pulling the car apart of course.

Now for a few good bits;

1. Gearbox is all good. No problems at all.
2. Clutch is good.
3. All electrics/switches work as they should. Folding mirrors are a bit dodgy, but an easy enough fix.
4. Engine is a strong H22A, despite the bottom end being kaput. So there may be some useful components to be salvaged.
5. Inlet manifold, throttle body, Airbox, alternator, starter motor, battery, distributor, radiator, water pump, power steering, and 4WS are all in good working order.
6. Interior is all good.
7. JDM cruise control steering wheel.
8. Stainless steel manifold, downpipe, centre section, & backbox. Centre section back is Powerflow. All in good condition. (Bought only weeks ago off Vanzep for £100).
9. OEM wheels with good tyres. One has a slow puncture - may be repairable, haven't enquired.
10. UKDM black-back headlights.
11. 3 brand new Bosch wiper blades. Nice.
12. Front bumper loom is the multi plug variant. Meaning you can accommodate extra bumper lights if desired. I understand these usually fetch a decent return.

So, all in all, there's a few hundred pounds to be made from parts here, plus scrap value for the remaining chassis. Or a few good parts to salvage for your own car. Either way, you should get quite a good return on your investment, making your gearbox a much better buy.

V5 & MOT present. Mileage is unknown unfortunately as it had the wrong dials fitted when I bought it, and no service history. All I can tell you is the parts that matter are all in good working order. I guess that's the most important thing.

Car is located in Southampton, Hampshire and is available now on a first come first served basis. Like I say, can be driven away at buyers risk, or trailered of course. Whatever works best for you.

Price for the whole lot is £300.

If you have any questions or require more information, please ask.

Thanks for looking. Andy 07447052593

And this is what the engine sounds like due to the failing lower crank.

http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q72 ... 9bef5e.mp4

Oh yeah, I also bought this rear bumper with a moulded lip off the forum some weeks back. Unfortunately it was damaged when I opened it. It's not beyond repair if you know what you're doing, but I don't. It's no good to me now. It cost me £60 delivered. I could try & sell it in it's current condition for a bit less, but I can't be bothered to arrange postage tbh. So I'll include it in the sale if required.

Original Manifold & Heatshield can be included as well, if required.
Profile Thread
Andy's Si VTEC BB4
K30DPC wrote:If you wanna go there is nothing to stop you. ONE LIFE LIVE IT

CrunchyAdams82
My Generation: 4G

Post by CrunchyAdams82 » Thu May 09, 2013 2:24 pm

*OK. 'THE DOG' HAS FINALLY GIVEN UP. IT WILL NEVER DRIVE AGAIN!*

:fatality:

I decided to take it for a quick drive down to the hairdressers this morning, to see how it was driving before Japfest. I got about 400 metres up the road & the engine started making a horrendous banging noise! :?

Then, the power steering started to fade in & out. So I turned round & headed back home obviously. By the time I got there the power steering had stopped working altogether.

I popped the hood & the lower pulley was kind wobbling around aimlessly. Don't know how it hasn't lost its drive belt yet. :shock:

Anyway, that's that. If I start it many more times, it will most likely evacuate it's bowels all over the driveway!

So. This changes things a little. Same arrangement if you can trailer it, or if nobody has this luxury it's going to get scrapped.

If there are any parts people particularly need, you should let me know now or forever hold your peace. I will be going to Japfest on Saturday still with Dbo, so if there is anything SMALL anybody needs, it may be possible for me to bring it along.

Past this, I don't know yet. I can talk more to people about it on Saturday anyway. See if anybody needs anything off it before it goes.
Profile Thread
Andy's Si VTEC BB4
K30DPC wrote:If you wanna go there is nothing to stop you. ONE LIFE LIVE IT

Return to “Cars for sale”