Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Got a miss-fire. Have I missed something?

Engine/Gearbox questions and discussion
judderod
My Generation: 4G
PSN GamerTag: judderod

Post by judderod » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:30 pm

Massive thank you to all those who said...
Leads!

:hug: :rock: 8-)

I would have ignored these completely and carried on trying to find out another fault which would have taken forever. Still can't understand what's wrong with them. I had such a big strong spark out of the faulty lead! They look old but fine, no cracks or splits and the boots look good. They all click on the plugs and the dizzy nicely. The resistance was between 8K and 18K ohms I think. I guess I should have suspected something when the resistance wasn't really related to the length of each lead.

I swapped leads 2 and 3 around at both ends and started her up. Sounded like before but this time when I unplugged injector 2 I could hear a definite change. Unplugging injector 3 caused no change so the misfire shifted with HT lead 2 that was now on 3. I swapped the leads for the set off my Prelude to test and hey presto we're back in business :)

Really glad this is sorted. Only having one car in the house is a stress I could do without right now with my Dad due to come out of hospital after 6 months and lots of things to get him settled back home!

Thanks again luders you're an awesome bunch :)

newkid
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 4G
PSN GamerTag: spaz_ma_taz

Post by newkid » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:37 pm

Excellent news bud.

Return to “Engine / GearBox”