Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

LPG Conversion

Engine/Gearbox questions and discussion
A1ex
My Generation: 5G

Post by A1ex » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:20 am

I was thinking about it before, but rather than just having a straight conversion I wanted the car to run both. So petrol on cold start which it does anyway but on WOT or vtec it switches to petrol and uses the LPG for cruising down the motorway or pootling around town.

Not sure how the car would run if the fuel switches on vtec engagement, I know both lines would stay pressurised but don't know enough about it.
PAW rebuilt 98 prelude 228bhp & 171lb/ft R.I.P.
PAW rebuilt 01 ATR 238bhp & 164lb/ft sold
Monte Carlo Blue 02 S2K :D

4thgenphil
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 4G

Post by 4thgenphil » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:06 pm

really i had a look around on accordr and couldnt find anything about it unless it's been recently!
:thumbdown:

lewd lude lover
Supporter 2015
My Generation: 5G

Post by lewd lude lover » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:34 pm

how much weight does the kit add to the car in total? and, long term, how much does that cost to carry about?

and how much does it slow you down :evil:
6th gen Prelude please Mr Honda. RWD 2.4 turbo lude.

toyracer69
My Generation: 0G

Post by toyracer69 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:31 pm

A1ex wrote:I was thinking about it before, but rather than just having a straight conversion I wanted the car to run both. So petrol on cold start which it does anyway but on WOT or vtec it switches to petrol and uses the LPG for cruising down the motorway or pootling around town.

Not sure how the car would run if the fuel switches on vtec engagement, I know both lines would stay pressurised but don't know enough about it.
From what little I know about LPG, they all start on petrol. :D

bb1boy
My Generation: 4G
XBOX GamerTag: adam fantastic

Post by bb1boy » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:29 am

My 4g bb4 has an LPG conversion and it's brilliant! Performance is affected slightly, but I can live with that when i'm running almost half-price fuel and if I see something I want to race I just push the switch-over button to flick between LPG and unleaded at will.
The car has to start on petrol but when its up to temperature (usually after 1 mile) it flicks over to gas automatically, its unlikely to switch over during VTEC engagement as the LPG is ready before VTEC (from a cold start). The car still VTEC's fine on gas too..
I have a long range fuel tank so I lost the narrow part of my boot space but I can still get the shopping in there :)
As far as economy goes I get about 60miles to £15 of unleaded and just over 100miles on £15 of LPG (I have an Apexi induction kit and a straight-thru stainless exhaust if you're wondering about my poor unleaded mpg figures).

Return to “Engine / GearBox”