Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

what possible reasons for not getting fuel into the engine?

Engine/Gearbox questions and discussion
Gayno
Lord Gayness
My Generation: 4G

Post by Gayno » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:52 pm

I was thinking there must be some sort of earth fault somewhere for it to start generating that much heat.

bristol_bb4
LotM Winner

Post by bristol_bb4 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:54 pm

hmmm im not being big headed but i did a pretty epic job of the soldering :lol: plus i think it would have probably happened before now, meh god knows! :lol: :twisted: :vtec:

when you thinking of doing kats suspension? if im around ill pop up and give you a hand :)

bristol_bb4
LotM Winner

Post by bristol_bb4 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:55 pm

Gayno wrote:I was thinking there must be some sort of earth fault somewhere for it to start generating that much heat.
yeah thats deffo something i need to look into because the old ecu was getting pretty damn warm to the touch! this one seems fine though, im monitoring it like its a heart attack victim or something :lol:

nucleustylzlude

Post by nucleustylzlude » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:00 am

bristol_bb4 wrote: when you thinking of doing kats suspension? if im around ill pop up and give you a hand :)
Mmm...need to see what the missus has planned this weekend, I've already said I need some serious hours put in for Japfest now. Plus see when Kats free. A hand would be great bud. Thinking about it, did you buy some new axle stands? Cos the four I have are still in use, may need you to bring them round. I could do a corner at a time but don't trust a jack on the area outside the garages (slightly sloped). I'm swinging by Lidl on Thursday for another LED inspection light, I have one already (£9.99), best spend to date for working on the car. They have some axle stands for the same amount. Only cheapy things but ok for spares.

bristol_bb4
LotM Winner

Post by bristol_bb4 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:04 am

havent bought an uber set yet but i do have a few knocking about :) it'l be easier and quicker with two of us on it anyway plus we wont need spring compressors :lol: im free any day after 5 or sunday, just give me a shout ;)

how much was the light? i have a halogen draper one but its not amazing!

nucleustylzlude

Re: what possible reasons for not getting fuel into the engi

Post by nucleustylzlude » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:42 am

Need spring compressies as we changing some bushes. Bump stop and perch bit for the energy suspension ones I have spare. :wink:

I'll let you know then. Does that mean your working the bank hol Fri and Mon? :(

Um, I put the price of the light in the last post. :roll:
It's a rechargeable LED type, lasts quite a while and is bright enough for most jobs. 2 of them would be even better and handy when one runs out of charge.

bristol_bb4
LotM Winner

Post by bristol_bb4 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:44 am

ahhhhh she didnt tell me that lol!.....in that case i think youll need spring compressors ;) lol

doh sorry for some reason i thought thats how much the axle stands are :(

im working til 1ish on friday and off on monday, forgot about that :D yay!!

nucleustylzlude

Post by nucleustylzlude » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:53 am

:lol:

Yes £9.99 for inspection lamp and another £9.99 for the axle stands! :facepalm:

How could you forget the Easter break!

bristol_bb4
LotM Winner

Post by bristol_bb4 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:58 am

goddamn it sorry im clearly too tired to be making sense of much here! LOL :lol:

we rarely get bank hols off but our gaffer is getting his new car over the weekend so let us have it off lol! :lol:

nucleustylzlude

Post by nucleustylzlude » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:16 am

On another note, you've no objections to me moving this thread to the engine section, this place is mainly for guides and how-tos.

Return to “Engine / GearBox”