Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

timing belt bearing failure

Engine/Gearbox questions and discussion
firstlude
My Generation: 4G

timing belt bearing failure

Post by firstlude » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:49 pm

i have had this bearing rattle which started this time last week upon investigation it sounded like it was the power steering pump so i swaped this over with the one from my other lude still had the noise so i swapped the alternator over aswell still got the noise :( this gets me thinking only other place it could be coming from is one or the other of the tensioner bearings so its time to strip them out , once off neither of them seem to have a noise or play but not wishing to refit them i just replace them with ones from my other lude lucky the f20 and h23 share the same parts :D well to my surprise once back together the noise is gone you might be thinking its just bearings in need of replacement but what is concering me is i fitted a gates timing belt and tensioner kit less than 3000 miles ago didnt realise you had to do bearings every 3000 miles was kinda hoping for at least 60,000 miles
success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm :D :D

Return to “Engine / GearBox”