Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

H22A5 and h22a4 timing belt difference

Engine/Gearbox questions and discussion
cobbvo
My Generation: 5G

H22A5 and h22a4 timing belt difference

Post by cobbvo » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:58 am

Hi guys , I'm looking for a complete timing belt water pump kit for my h22a5 , I was wondering if the US h22a4 is the same as rockauto have some good deals on the kits, and you seem to have a better choice of manufacturers , the ones I've found in the UK seem to be really expensive for unknown brands .or does anybody know of a decent supplier at a decent price . Cheers

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Post by wurlycorner » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:42 am

Hi

H22A4 should be the same, yes.

It's very rare to find a complete 'kit' for the cambelt/water pump.
Most people buy the bits separately to make up a full kit themselves.

What supplier have you used/were have you found parts prices from in the UK?

cobbvo
My Generation: 5G

Post by cobbvo » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:24 am

wurlycorner wrote:Hi

H22A4 should be the same, yes.

It's very rare to find a complete 'kit' for the cambelt/water pump.
Most people buy the bits separately to make up a full kit themselves.

What supplier have you used/were have you found parts prices from in the UK?
all I can find is blue print , that's through Amazon , eBay and the local motorfactors , now I know they do quality parts for other areas just not sure about timing belts , . Rockauto have the full kit for timing and balance belts with water pump and cam/crank seals for £104 or £130 if you want the hydraulic auto tensioner , which I'm thinking of replacing with manual tensioner what do you think ? PS that price is for dayco you can have gates for £30-40 more

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Post by wurlycorner » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:58 pm

cobbvo wrote:
all I can find is blue print , that's through Amazon , eBay and the local motorfactors , now I know they do quality parts for other areas just not sure about timing belts , . Rockauto have the full kit for timing and balance belts with water pump and cam/crank seals for £104 or £130 if you want the hydraulic auto tensioner , which I'm thinking of replacing with manual tensioner what do you think ? PS that price is for dayco you can have gates for £30-40 more
Blueprint are fine.
Dayco and Gates also fine.

Unless you have a heavily tuned engine, stick with the auto tensioner. The manual tensioner is a PITA to fit and should be adjusted after a while (more pain) plus the auto tensioners don't fail - just think how old your car is/how many hundreds of thousands of miles it and all the other preludes on here have already done using auto tensioners, trouble free - case closed.

Any of the extremely small number that you read reports of having failed have probably been because people have re-fitted the originals without checking them/removing/refitting correctly. But still - there are literally millions of miles run on H22's around the world on auto tensioners and I do get so drokking bored with the bullshit uneducated scaremongering drivel of people claiming they are unreliable...

(as you can see - I'm really not sitting on the fence with that one! :lol: )

Return to “Engine / GearBox”