Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

PLEASE HELP! No spark at all

Engine/Gearbox questions and discussion
wilco101
My Generation: 4G

Post by wilco101 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:30 am

Yeah sorry it is a 5th had a 4th but it got wrote off

Ah okay, yeah tried that as me and my mate know a few things but not much haha
So it's an electrical issue then?

So when working on the head disconnected battery straight away and then proceeded to strip everything off like the distributor, alternator, fuel rail, intake manifold, marked all parts and then once head was back on just connected everything back and when it was done reconnected the battery

So the car came with a type s ecu and it's original one, changed the ecu back to the original a few weeks before the work as the type s ecu causes it to massively over fuel. So has worked and started on both ecus previously. Perhaps if I remove ecu and disconnect battery it could possibly reset?

Have never used the red key as I fear it too much :lol:

And it's a manual
Gonna spend some more time looking on it today, possibly main relay? Some people state this is an issue that can cause no spark so will try and see that

Thanks for all the advice so far by the way :)

wilco101

Post by wilco101 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:02 pm

So today I tested the ingiter in the distributor and it's acting as it should showing it alternating, I then tested the ignitor coil for spark when cranking and it gives the weakest spark ever, so I'm wondering if it's this which is preventing the spark plugs from having a spark as maybe it's too weak? So if I was to change the ignitor coil it may work?

Vtecmec
LotM Winner
XBOX GamerTag: vtecmec

Post by Vtecmec » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:10 pm

Sounds like a plan, be careful when checking for a spark in these, if the plug is out of the engine, and not properly grounded it can turn the distributor faulty.

Don't just take the spark plug out and put the end to the chassis to check, get a jump lead and clamp the plug with the negative of the battery connected.

Return to “Engine / GearBox”