Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Nitin’s Supercharger parts list

Engine/Gearbox questions and discussion
nitin_s1
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: N171N

Post by nitin_s1 » Thu May 16, 2019 9:47 pm

Parts already on the charger:

JRSC (serviced 700 miles ago)
EGR Blocked off
Air Actuator from moss Miata
New Goodyear belts
Intake manifold has been bored/ported
S-Tube is ported to match the 68 MM TB
Skunk2 Pro Throttle body 68MM
Custom 3" intake with AEM dry flow filter
560cc EVO5 injectors
AEM Fuel Rail
Thermo Gasket for intake manifold

In regards to keeping the car stock or having 240bhp without a supercharger or me just driving slowly, I have always wanted to boost my Prelude since long time ago (even from PreludeUK days). I know I won't be driving it like an idiot or using public roads as a track but you get that special moment when you can floor it and have the best feeling. Always nice to have the power and the noise at your foot rather not have nothing. Now days even the smallest hatchbacks are faster then our 2.2 H22 beasts so best to have the power just incase. After I got the body work sorted the next step was getting some bhp from the engine, when I saw the opportunity to buy the charger I jumped on it. After all it's a hobby and something that you can look forward to on the weekend or when the time arises. :twisted:

RattyMcClelland
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

Post by RattyMcClelland » Thu May 16, 2019 10:06 pm

Why do you want more power with a supercharger...............................because whine.

That's your answer.

nitin_s1
PSN GamerTag: N171N

Post by nitin_s1 » Thu May 16, 2019 10:17 pm

RattyMcClelland wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 10:06 pm
Why do you want more power with a supercharger...............................because whine.

That's your answer.
This guy is always right...

ATR84
XBOX GamerTag: mike84n

Post by ATR84 » Fri May 17, 2019 11:43 am

Fair points Nitin, although some would say if you wanted a 280bhp car, you should have bought one in the first place (not that I am saying that).

Personally I can see both sides, the Preludes are super rare now and JDM ones in particular do appear to be appreciating now, so having a supercharged one is more special than buying a 280bhp car out of the box so to speak.

I don't agree with the "smallest hatchbacks are faster" comment though, having owned a Mk7 Fiesta ST with Mountune upgrade and a GT86, I can confidently say neither of them are quicker and neither of them are as much fun or as rare or get as many looks as my Type S does. However, yes, of course some modern cars are quicker.

Out of interest, how reliable is the car once the supercharger is fitted? It must reduce reliability somewhat as the H22 was not designed with forced induction in mind.

Return to “Engine / GearBox”