Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Auto transmission slipping

Engine/Gearbox questions and discussion
blockh3ad
My Generation: 4G
PSN GamerTag: blockh3ad

Post by blockh3ad » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:30 am

Can anyone shed some light on this for me first and second gear fine but going into third it slips if I take my foot off the accelerator it goes in, is my gearbox dead?

ATR84
My Generation: 5G
XBOX GamerTag: mike84n

Post by ATR84 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:53 am

I have never owned a 5th gen auto, however, I have a 2001 Lexus GS300 as my daily hack to get me to work and back. Lovely machine, so smooth and comfortable, until the gearbox started slipping. I was ready to take the car to the scrap yard as it would be uneconomical to repair, the car is worth a grand tops, anyway as a last throw of the dice I got my mechanic to put Lucas Oil Transmission Gearbox fluid in. All I can say is that it fixed it, made it smoother than it ever was previously, and 3000 miles later it is still going well. It took a few miles to fix, but I noticed a difference right away, I would say that within 100 miles it was totally fixed. For about £10 it is certainly worth a try in my opinion.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Lucas-Oil-Tran ... ZOEALw_wcB

PreludePete
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 5G

Post by PreludePete » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:09 am

Hi,
I don't know your situation but most automatic gearbox problems are down to changing the gearbox oil regularly.

Had a similar problem so had the gearbox oil replaced (with Honda recommended oil) did 200 miles and did it again. Problem gone!

Cost me £150.00 in oil and labour but better than scrapping the car.

I wish you well.

Peter

Return to “Engine / GearBox”