Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Forte injector cleaner

Engine/Gearbox questions and discussion
TheWinger11
My Generation: 5G

Forte injector cleaner

Post by TheWinger11 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:45 pm

Hi all

Has anyone used Forte injector cleaner which is added to the fuel tank? Seems to have good reviews.

Also, if the exhaust needs replacing, can you still get original ones or are there better after market options? I might consider a full stainless for longevity.

Cheers

Scott560

Forte injector cleaner

Post by Scott560 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:42 pm

once a year ill stick in a bottle of redex over 2 tanks - seems to make low revs / low load smoother, but the effect is only temporary (not that I suspect anything wrong with the car/fuel/injectors in the first place mind).
'00 UKDM 2.2VTI H22a8
'21 'e' Advance

TheWinger11

Forte injector cleaner

Post by TheWinger11 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:11 pm

Nice one thanks. As i've just got the car i might go for it. You know how it is with a new car, you just want to make sure everything is sorted and have some kind of peace of mind that you have covered all the bases to keep it going for as long as possible.

I drove it home in terrible weather on the motorway, so probably full of salt now, so i really want to give it a good rinse down and underneath with a degreaser or something that will neutralise the salt an inhibit rust until i can get under and seal it all.

sol-lude
My Generation: 4G
PSN GamerTag: Lude_666

Forte injector cleaner

Post by sol-lude » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:19 am

Having used Forte (only use Forte) on a number of diesels I would recommend it. Its not magic stuff that fixes broken parts but have used on a number of diesels and do use it when I 1st buy a new diesel for cleaning up the turbo veins etc.

Return to “Engine / GearBox”