Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

OEM cat / Sports cat / De-cat

Engine/Gearbox questions and discussion
Drax
My Generation: 4G

Post by Drax » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:21 pm

nalla wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:00 pm
I have a 3" stainless system with a PLM manifold. It's has a '99 Euro R engine in it, after the original failed, and as mentioned, no cat at the moment. Dyno'd after the engine was installed at 239.8 bhp, but was wondering if a 200 cell was going to affect this much.

MOT time is pain time with no cat!
great figures 8) that from a remap? i have a friend who will put a cat on for the mot, do the emissions then remove it again. i have another garage that will just ignore it for me so really depends who you know - maybe ask local car friends for recommendations?
2.2 JDM DOHC SI-VTEC LSD TCS 4WS ABS BB1 MANUAL 1992
FOR PAUL

mr_drc
My Generation: 5G

Post by mr_drc » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:36 pm

nalla wrote:

Shouldn't be a problem at all for mot as isn't the original engine in car :twisted: so if you take of engine identification plate on slam panel (drill out rivets can re install later) tester will have to put in engine block number and chassis number into emission machine it will subsequently jobby itself as they dont match up and display carry out standard non cat test :thumbup: :tosser: :scaredtoss: :huh: you can thank me for this at a later date :wave:
If it looks like jobby and smells like jobby it probably is jobby!

nalla

Post by nalla » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:44 pm

Thanks for all the info.

Figure is from a re map. Have AC delete, balance shaft delete etc., that's it really.

RattyMcClelland
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

Post by RattyMcClelland » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:14 pm

mr_drc wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:36 pm
nalla wrote:

Shouldn't be a problem at all for mot as isn't the original engine in car :twisted: so if you take of engine identification plate on slam panel (drill out rivets can re install later) tester will have to put in engine block number and chassis number into emission machine it will subsequently jobby itself as they dont match up and display carry out standard non cat test :thumbup: :tosser: :scaredtoss: :huh: you can thank me for this at a later date :wave:
All cars from 1991 onwards have to have a cat no matter what, so it will fail on visual inspection if they visually inspect of course and it will go though a standard cat emissions test.

nalla

Post by nalla » Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:21 am

Thanks for all the help.

Return to “Engine / GearBox”