Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

ATTS Help needed

Engine/Gearbox questions and discussion
Max
My Generation: 5G

ATTS Help needed

Post by Max » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:30 pm

Have you ever checked the oil cooler lines and the cooler itself on the bottom of the rad for leaks?

The reason i say this is i was in the same situation when i got my Type S, ATTS was not working and someone had pulled the bulb from the dash, to say i was furious would be an understatement, not only that they pulled the engine management light too. Reading the codes i found oil pressure codes for the ATTS and knock sensor... Anyway long story short the car was also suffering from overheating in traffic so i decided to investigate that, come to find the rad was leaking and had been for some time and it was washing down over the oil cooler hard lines and over time had caused corrosion eventually resulting in them leaking fluid, therefore the system couldn't possibly hold pressure :idea:

I replaced the rad, thermostat and one of the oil cooler hard lines with a piece of silicone, then topped up the ATTS and went through the bleed procedure / system check and what do you know... no more ATTS codes :D

The knock sensor was a whole other joyful story... but the end result was i replaced it without removing the intake manifold or ATTS, that's one you never want to deal with as everyone says it can't be done without removing one of the above, i found a way though ;)

Max
My Generation: 5G

ATTS Help needed

Post by Max » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:59 pm

Did you ever get anywhere with this?

Return to “Engine / GearBox”