Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Exhaust

Engine/Gearbox questions and discussion
TitzonToast
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: TitzonToast

Exhaust

Post by TitzonToast » Thu May 21, 2020 12:59 pm

I'm looking for some advice here please folks. I picked up an SRS 4 branch, down pipe and sports cat last week. I haven't fitted them yet, I'm working on a budget and still looking for some more bits first.

Will a Skunk cat-back of the same diameter from a Gen4 fit on to my Gen5? I found one for sale here in Ireland.

I also found a Gen4 aftermarket back box, if that fits I might go after it and get a new piece welded up to finish things off.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.
Tamquam Pullum Gustavit

vanzep
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 4G

Exhaust

Post by vanzep » Thu May 21, 2020 2:04 pm

im working on exhaust for 4th gen - only issue normally is the connection from the cat/decat to the centre section - i dont want to use oem cat so need custom decat pipe made up to mate the fkg 3rd pipe to the kakimoto cat back - always best to get them fitted and measure up for the decat but dimensions will be very close to 4th gen oem cat. 5th gen cat is longer than jdm 4th gen but nearly same as 4th gen ukdm vtec cat.
only difference between 4th gen and 5th gen cat back or backbox is the hangers on the backbox.
Normally you can fit the 4th gen back box if you add one extra small hanger that goes under the bumper.
I have a couple of 5th gen decats and only need one so might be able to help you or least take measurements.
But like i say you may be best fitting it all and then looking at what you need to connect srs to catback ;)
1996-2000 1993 EG9 Blue Civic 1.6 Vti - Traded in against the BB4
2000-2019 1994 2WS BB4 Milano Red JDM Prelude Si VTEC LSD

2015 on > 1991 4WS BB1 Phantom Pearl Grey JDM Prelude Si VTEC LSD
2021 ON > 1998 2WS BB6 White Pearl JDM Prelude Si VTEC

TitzonToast

Exhaust

Post by TitzonToast » Thu May 21, 2020 3:09 pm

Thanks for the reply man, do you know if the bends will be in the correct places by any chance? I can add some tabs if needed here and there. I just don't want to commit to buying the cat back exhaust of the guy only to find it's not going to fit at all.
Thanks again for the reply.
Tamquam Pullum Gustavit

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Exhaust

Post by wurlycorner » Fri May 22, 2020 1:23 pm

Bends of the pipes etc are all in the same place.
As vanzep says, the only differences between 4g and 5g exhausts (cat-back) are the length of the centre section (due to different length cats) and the rear exhaust hangers.

@Donald did a thread specifically on this, sometime ago, setting out all the differences...

TitzonToast

Exhaust

Post by TitzonToast » Fri May 22, 2020 6:53 pm

Perfect, thank you very much.
Tamquam Pullum Gustavit

Return to “Engine / GearBox”