Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

HondaRulez COP Kit

Engine/Gearbox questions and discussion
moh51n
My Generation: 5G

HondaRulez COP Kit

Post by moh51n » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:56 pm

Hi Guys,

Hoping someone here a little more knowledgeable about the 5th gen 4ws models will be able to advise..

I have a friend who's sitting on a HondaRulez COP kit with harness and k series coils. it looks like a straight forward install, should be compatible with h22 motors. only thing is I am not sure what ecu the 2.2vti 4ws prelude has. Does anyone know what the likely ecu is going to be? the engine is a h22a5.

also has anyone actually tried a COP conversion? is it worth it? im being told its more responsive and burns cleaner, do you think there would be any mpg improvement?

Vtecmec
LotM Winner
My Generation: 4G
XBOX GamerTag: vtecmec

HondaRulez COP Kit

Post by Vtecmec » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:58 am

A quick Google suggests it goes into an OBD 1 ECU, which the 5th gen is not (they are OBD 2a).

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173882856019

Any gains would be marginal at best on a stock motor, unless you have an engine that's modified to the bleeding edge, I can't see much point.

Brozilla
My Generation: 5G

HondaRulez COP Kit

Post by Brozilla » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:19 am

It is for OBD1 ECU. Haven't tried it personally but a friend did and had some major issues with ignition cut rev limits. Once it hits the limiter, it would lag for almost 5 seconds (if in neutral, the engine would almost die) before continuing to work as expected. I do not know if there was some revision which addresses the issue. There really is no need for COP on h22 expect if it is boosted and shows signs of both weak spark and inability to retard the timing further.

Return to “Engine / GearBox”