Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Vacuum hose with no connection on Type S intake

Engine/Gearbox questions and discussion
Max
My Generation: 5G

Post by Max » Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:30 pm

I've been doing some cleaning in the inlet manifold and injector area and came across a vacuum hose that isnt connected to anything, I've traced it down the back of the engine bay and although i cant clearly see where its going I'm fairly certain its from the vacuum box under the inlet manifold. Its the one right there in the centre of the pic dangling down from the white clip.

Surely this should be connected to something but i cant see what that might be, I've looked at pics but there are so many variations, i'm looking at the vacuum diagram in the US manual buts struggling to figure it out, can anyone with a Type S have a look please?

K30DPC
LotM Winner
My Generation: 4G

Post by K30DPC » Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:06 am

I have engine removed from VTI and there is no hose or even white clip like in your photo.

Max

Post by Max » Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:29 am

Yeah I've spent hours scouring the internet for pictures and none of them have this hose and clip except for the Type S, but of course you cant see if its connected to anything because the fuel rail and injector harness is in the way. Also looked at diagrams on JP car parts and Amayama but it doesnt appear there either from what i can tell, typical...

Scott560

Post by Scott560 » Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:57 am

Where does the other end go?

You say it goes to a vacuum box, is it sort of rounded but oblong, like a tic tac shape? The only pipe I've seen disconnected that doesn't affect running is the one that controls the airbox resonator located in the inner bumper under the airbox. Mine was removed for induction noise so I had a spare vacuum pipe flapping around but in a slightly different place.

Since its out of sight, some people don't know that its there. You can only see it when the front bumper is removed. Previous owner removed mine, but i want to put it back as the resonating is slowly shaking he dash apart lol
'00 UKDM 2.2VTI H22a8
'21 'e' Advance

Max

Post by Max » Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:25 am

Well i think i have the answer, i assumed that since the tube disappears down the back of the intake manifold that it went back to the vacuum tank but i think i finally found it in the diagrams for the throttle body and according to that its an ATTS breather tube which should have a plug in the end of it. I assume that the plug doesn't necessarily seal the end otherwise why would it be a breather... See part numbers 24 and 14 :)

https://jp-carparts.com/honda/partlist. ... E&fig1=101

When im next under the car ill have to see if i can confirm this is for the ATTS but at this point im 90% sure.
Scott560 wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:57 am
Where does the other end go?

You say it goes to a vacuum box, is it sort of rounded but oblong, like a tic tac shape? The only pipe I've seen disconnected that doesn't affect running is the one that controls the airbox resonator located in the inner bumper under the airbox. Mine was removed for induction noise so I had a spare vacuum pipe flapping around but in a slightly different place.

Since its out of sight, some people don't know that its there. You can only see it when the front bumper is removed. Previous owner removed mine, but i want to put it back as the resonating is slowly shaking he dash apart lol
Yeah i had the same but before i connected it up to the vacuum controller i took the bumper off to see if the actuator was actually working, what i found was a rusted up actuator that was stuck shut along with the butterfly in the resonator which means the intake was only breathing through the smaller of the two resonator tubes so i deleted the whole unit, i didn't get any mad resonating coming through the dash though...

I recently did a dash swap with one that wasn't scratched to hell and covered in superglue and i was really surprised at how many of the dash bolts were loose especially the ones on either end pointing towards the doors, it might be worth you checking these, there are two more between the gauge cluster and steering cowl, two behind the centre dash trim, and another two in line with the glove box bolts. Might help to nip those all up, unfortunately I cant say if mine feels anymore solid yet as the car is currently off the road.

Return to “Engine / GearBox”