Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Wich aftermarket clutch (not stock)?

Engine/Gearbox questions and discussion
TheHondaTuner
My Generation: 4G
PSN GamerTag: TheHondaTuner

Post by TheHondaTuner » Tue May 30, 2023 10:26 pm

Hey guys.. I cannot google any useful input. Hope you have some experience, preferbly of two or more clutches.
I found out that there is ACT, Competition Clutch, Mpact and the cheap XTD..

Oh, and there is "RPC". Never heared that, BUT they have "caged" Springs wich is a HUGE plus. I always loose the spring on stock clutch

I want to pair it with a fidanza. The car is for street racing, would be happy if it still can be driven into a vacation trip so nothing too fancy..
Any suggetion? :eh:
ED9->ED9->ED9->EE8->EG8 DX->EK3->BB1->CG9->DC2->Astra F->EK3->BB1

Drax

Post by Drax » Wed May 31, 2023 9:19 am

i run an aisin clutch in mine, it's a 6 puk and nothing special but does the trick.

when the car is working... :roll: :lol:
2.2 JDM DOHC SI-VTEC LSD TCS 4WS ABS BB1 MANUAL 1992
FOR PAUL

Merlin
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: Merlinbadman

Post by Merlin » Wed May 31, 2023 1:41 pm

In my opinion, I would go with the OEM clutch, but it seems that that is difficult to get hold of now. But OEM equivalents are available, such as the Exedy https://exoracing.co.uk/exedy-oem-clutc ... s-h22-h23/

If you want a more race orientated clutch, I recommend the Exedy Stage 2 triple paddle clutch (I have this in my 4th gen but TBH I need more clamping force than this pressure plate provides) https://exoracing.co.uk/exedy-racing-si ... h22a-f22b/

I did once have a Competition Cutch Stage 5 sprung clutch, but I found it to ware out quickly. viewtopic.php?f=17&t=540&p=274776&hilit=Stage+5#p274776

Flywheel wise, my preference is to go for a single piece unit such as the Competition Cutch https://www.slidemotorsport.co.uk/produ ... on-clutch/ The Fidanza is a 2-piece design that has a replaceable face.
BA8......... BB4......... BB8.........The JDM Muscle Bus

TheHondaTuner
PSN GamerTag: TheHondaTuner

Post by TheHondaTuner » Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:54 am

@Drax What do you mean by 6 Puk? Is it a stock-like "round" version or these racing types in 3,4 or 6 outside-pieces?

@Merlin Iam afraid that a stock-like exedy will not do the job as good as OEM and i think the OEM is already not enought for tuned engine and harsh driving (heel-toe the jobby out of it on every opportunety)

The tri-paddle looks light, but annoying to drive and iam afraid of the springs! they look endangered as stock. How is it in a traffic jam? (happens rarely but would love to keep the car as driveable as possible)
Is it a metal clutch? The CC really shot your pressure plate xD

Flywheel id give fidanza a shot as they are well balanced. I have a used XTD or CC flywheel lying arround (not sure) and iam afraid of its balance. Iam running a milled & drilled OEM, i think its 7,0kg

Thanks for the input guys! maybe we can collect more knowledge?
ED9->ED9->ED9->EE8->EG8 DX->EK3->BB1->CG9->DC2->Astra F->EK3->BB1

Return to “Engine / GearBox”