Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Anyone used an SRS header?

Engine/Gearbox questions and discussion
Rexximus
My Generation: 5G

Post by Rexximus » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:10 pm

Hey there!

Sorry if this has been asked before but I can't search for 'SRS' and I've scrolled a whole bunch through header posts for headers that either ain't made anymore or are way out of my price range.

Top and bottom of it is; has anyone used one of these: https://fullcartuning.com/56360-sk-impo ... da-prelude before?
Got a seriously rusted joint right next to the flex pipe, and the flex pipe itself isn't looking too bright *and* it's been running worse, running rich, and louder too; so I kinda wanna hop on this before MOT time comes around. I seem to remember there being a header-downpipe-flex-pipe combo that needed notching of the subframe, but I don't know if this is the one.

Any advice would be appreciated!

For a 5th gen VTI 4WS

Merlin
PSN GamerTag: Merlinbadman

Post by Merlin » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:12 am

I had something very similar on my first ever Prelude. It's ok if you want an OEM equivalent, but be prepared for it to corrode up.
BA8......... BB4......... BB8.........The JDM Muscle Bus

vanzep
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 4G

Post by vanzep » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:23 pm

It is the PLM TRI-Y style header that needs a small section of the front beam cut out to clear. This is only the lip bit so easy to do.
The fujitsubo fgk header is very close to needing a notch cut out but somehow just scrapes by without it. :)
No experience with SRS so cant comment
1996-2000 1993 EG9 Blue Civic 1.6 Vti - Traded in against the BB4
2000-2019 1994 2WS BB4 Milano Red JDM Prelude Si VTEC LSD

2015 on > 1991 4WS BB1 Phantom Pearl Grey JDM Prelude Si VTEC LSD
2021 ON > 1998 2WS BB6 White Pearl JDM Prelude Si VTEC

jdeale84

Post by jdeale84 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:03 am

I currently have an SRS header and so far its been great however the fitment isn't quite there, the little flange sticking up on the downpipe does need cutting off or bending. I spent a few days trying to figure out how to get around it. Currently mine is just bent but I was planning on cutting it off soon and diy-ing it a bit to make it all fit properly

Return to “Engine / GearBox”