Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Prelude Remapped chips-JDM Spoon V2 Auto/Manual+UKDM+Chrome+

Got some things for sale? Put them in this section
nucleustylzlude
My Generation: 4G

Post by nucleustylzlude » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:19 pm

nickyboy wrote:Without wishing to sound rude, i've been researching these, and professional bodies advise to avoid these "blind tune" chips as every engine is different, especially modified, and needs individual tailoring. What parameters do this chips work to?

I am genuinely interested, but cautiously.
Hey Nick,

Not rude at all. I’d agree completely that these aren’t the best solution as you say, each engine is different. But it’s not a £300-£1000 bit of tuning kit + £300 dyno time to map your car. It’s a £20 chip. All the info is there as to what it is and everyone has gained power from these, mostly through mildly modified cars with breathing mods. The minute you get into aftermarket TB, improved intake manifolds, cams, full builds, etc. Then you would need a specific map to your car.

I have (finally) got some before and after dyno results from eDaniel on here – thanks again bud. While his car appears on the face value of it, down on power from the OEM chip base run, the improvements this £20 chip gave were great. I’ve been meaning to post them up in this thread. I’ll make sure I do this weekend for you all to see. I’d say the gains will be slightly more with a healthy lude too. He has the Air / fuel ratio graphs too, and it’s not like some ‘chips’ on ebay that run stupidly Rich, or worse some have very lean parts and the power torque curves I’ve seen on some would make me sick on a roller coaster – very spiky.

Anyway, I’ll get ‘em posted up. It’s up to you what you wish to do.

I say it time and time again – I’m not a tuner, I’m not a business, I just happen to have got ahold of the original Spoon chips and have the capability to copy them for all. I dread to think what Spoon would have charged for this back in the day.

Hope that helps? :D

Cheers,

Rob

nickyboy
XBOX GamerTag: nickCTR
PSN GamerTag: nickyboyUK

Post by nickyboy » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:26 pm

Cool, I look forward to the graphs & AFR data.

Yes it's the eBay Spoon chips I have been warned of, with nothing to tell the difference between a genuine and a copy, apart from how convincing a sticker looks :lol:

nucleustylzlude

Post by nucleustylzlude » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:47 pm

/\ Exactly that. You don't know what you're buying. I figured I've been on Prelude forums for 9 years now, I'd built a rapour that people would trust the source of a genuine Spoon chip. It's not perfect, but it's the cheapest mod gain you can buy, I'll gladly bet on that.

nickyboy

Post by nickyboy » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:49 pm

Yes mate and you have good feedback, I don't mean any offence, I just like to know what I am plugging into my engine.

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine
PSN GamerTag: M149YSL

Post by indigolemon » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:58 pm

nickyboy wrote:I just like to know what I am plugging into my engine.
In this case, the best gain per £ you'll achieve on an H22 :lol:
'On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.' - Charles Babbage

nickyboy

Post by nickyboy » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:18 pm

Yeah but I have fingers like a bunch of bananas :lol: I'll seek soldering skills elsewhere fo sho

Dbo
LotM Winner

Post by Dbo » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:02 pm

we can all vouch for Nuke's chips m8 ;)
they are the dogs dangleys 8-)

jjmartin349571
Supporter 2016
XBOX GamerTag: jjm349571

Post by jjmartin349571 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:10 pm

Keep meaning to buy one of these!!! Someone remind me this time next month :lol:

eDaniel
LotM Winner

Post by eDaniel » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:23 am

Yes, I installed the chip and I'm very satisfied with the results. In my opinion this chip has been tuned very carefully as you will see for yourself from the graphics. By the way, I'm not sure if this is a side effect of some sort, but I have better idle now. Maybe this is related to the optimized AFR somehow. The mileage is not hurt for sure, so you will get a small nice improvement with no real drawbacks.
I would strongly recommend that you don't try to install the chip on your own. Find someone how is really experienced to do this for you.
Good luck :)

nucleustylzlude

Post by nucleustylzlude » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:32 pm

Thanks Daniel.

Sorry, havn't forgot about the dyno graphs - had a bum droppings weekend and a crappy, busy week in work. Not fun taking my pregnant, ill wife to the hospital on the weekend (everything is cool with her and the baby now), then bringing work home on evenings till late and then back early in the morning to get some work finished by today! I do not get overtime either! :evil:
I'm now starting to wind down this last hour of work and hopefully have a nice weekend to enjoy some time with the missus... :hug:

So, rant over. I'll update this asap. :D

Return to “Parts for sale”