Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Prelude Remapped chips-JDM Spoon V2 Auto/Manual+UKDM+Chrome+

Got some things for sale? Put them in this section
Vtecmec
LotM Winner
My Generation: 4G
XBOX GamerTag: vtecmec

Post by Vtecmec » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:20 am

nucleustylzlude wrote:You lie boy!
No lies Sir, though mine used to be an auto and I made my own loom once upon a time for the instrumentation. Still should not make a difference. :?

4thgenphil
Supporter 2016

Post by 4thgenphil » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:19 pm

Kie39 wrote:Ok! so the four plug ECU did not work. Car starts fine but zero throttle response.

Looks like were back to where we started!

@wurlycorner If you have a spare 3 plug ECU are you still interested in a swap???
thats odd as most of the pins on the ecu are the same, only a few out put are different iirc!
:thumbdown:

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:07 pm

Kie39 wrote:Ok! so the four plug ECU did not work. Car starts fine but zero throttle response.

Looks like were back to where we started!

@wurlycorner If you have a spare 3 plug ECU are you still interested in a swap???
Yep, happy with that.

I am surprised that you have a problem with the throttle though - Lisa's Lude is a 4-plug TCS lude that was running a 3 plug ECU when we bought it. I swapped a 4-plug ECU in no problem.
I also converted someone else's lude on here that was a TCS 4 plug ECU car to running a 3-plug ECU and the only thing I had to do, was to swap a couple of wires over to get the speedo (or tacho? I forget which, now!) to work.

Did we ever suss out what ECU code it was that you needed? I need to check I have the right 3-plug one that you need!

Kie39

Re: Prelude Remapped chips-JDM Spoon V2 Auto/Manual+UKDM+Chr

Post by Kie39 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:35 pm

I think 3JO or 3NO would be ok from what has been said . So long as it is off a jdm 2.2 manual.

There was a small box attached to cables off the four plug unit so maybe this was required to be rewired into cables of car.

I be honest I'm no mechanic by any means . The track car is mine and father in laws, he's the mechanic doing all the work on it so unsure on the speedo cable. From previous issues with car though where speedo was not connected I'm sure he would have checked this.

JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:12 pm

Mini thread hijack, but I've got a P13 3J0 4-plug ECU that has had a Darf chip in for years from way back, pretty sure these are the same things. Only I need a new one :lol:

For some reason I'm only getting about 0.1V out on the MIL blue/white which isn't enough to light the CEL lamp. I've had a look inside it and can't see anything obviously wrong and am not brave enough with electronics to delve deeper in than taking the cover off and looking so think i'll bite the bullet and get a new one. But I want to retain the chip :lol: Has anyone got a 3J0 that has been socketed and/or already has a chip fitted available?

wurlycorner

Post by wurlycorner » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:35 pm

Rather than the ecu being at fault...
Are you sure there isn't a short somewhere, dragging the output on that terminal down to earth? (The short could even just be dirt/damp/grease build up across terminals on the dash binnacle).

JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:41 pm

Nope, not sure at all :lol: Not sure how I'd check either if I'm honest... Unless I cut the blue/white wire at the ECU and run a new length directly to a bulb to see if it then works? I'm a typical mechanical engineer, not an electrical engineer at all :lol:

wurlycorner

Post by wurlycorner » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:48 pm

:lol:
Unplug the ECU, get a multimeter set to resistance test (ohms) stick one terminal on a chassis ground (door lock bolts on the B pillar are a good one nearby) and the other on the correct pin feeding out of the ECU plug.
See what it says.
There won't be much resistance in the circuit (might only be around 1 ohm) but if you get 0 or 0.1, then you have a short.

JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:11 pm

:lol: That sounds less destructive than my method :lol:

I'll have another look tomorrow 8-)

DaveyBa8
Supporter 2016
XBOX GamerTag: DaveyRocket172

Post by DaveyBa8 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:11 am

Before reading through 24 pages lol, what's my option on a p13 ecu, I see V2, V1 chips? What is recommend and how much is the rpm increased,
Thanks, lazy davey.

Return to “Parts for sale”