Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

We have moved server \o/

Announcements + things that this site can do that you should know about.
wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Re: We have moved server \o/

Post by wurlycorner » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:47 pm

@indigolemon

I guess another way may be to customise the header graphic and change that for a new one each time???

Like maybe move the existing Honda faded logo and the LG logo over to the left and each month re-do the image with the winners LOTM car in it on the right? (or perhaps leave the existing LG/Honda logo where they are and add the winners LOTM car in the middle?)
Obviously this is a faff cause needs someone with photoshop to customise the header image each time, but otherwise... Would that work?

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine
PSN GamerTag: M149YSL

Re: We have moved server \o/

Post by indigolemon » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:33 pm

@wurlycorner Hows that? :D
'On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.' - Charles Babbage

wurlycorner

We have moved server \o/

Post by wurlycorner » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:21 pm

Looks like we might have a winner?
Do announcement posts still also work how they used to?

:think: For some reason we also have mentions showing by their switch code rather than how they should be?

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine

We have moved server \o/

Post by indigolemon » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:27 pm

wurlycorner wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:21 pm
Looks like we might have a winner?
Do announcement posts still also work how they used to?
No, unfortunately - I need to add the right post to the new global announcement. No more hassle than doing an image though!
wurlycorner wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:21 pm
:think: For some reason we also have mentions showing by their switch code rather than how they should be?
Tell me about it, the new quick reply had a fight with the mention stuff. Have a plan for fixing it but need to have drunk less whisky before trying :lol:
'On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.' - Charles Babbage

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine

We have moved server \o/

Post by indigolemon » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:32 pm

indigolemon wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:27 pm
Tell me about it, the new quick reply had a fight with the mention stuff. Have a plan for fixing it but need to have drunk less whisky before trying
Ach I tried the fix anyway, and it seems to have worked :thumbup:

wurlycorner

We have moved server \o/

Post by wurlycorner » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:04 am

Interestingly...
My signature strip displays perfectly on my phone. It's only via PC browser that it looks all screwed up?

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine

We have moved server \o/

Post by indigolemon » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:09 pm

Is your phone set with 'Desktop Site' ticked in the menu? Your screenshot doesn't have the mobile phone interface showing.

The signature area isn't a fixed width, so the wider the resolution of the screen, the wider the signature area.

wurlycorner

We have moved server \o/

Post by wurlycorner » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:25 pm

indigolemon wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:09 pm
Is your phone set with 'Desktop Site' ticked in the menu? Your screenshot doesn't have the mobile phone interface showing.

The signature area isn't a fixed width, so the wider the resolution of the screen, the wider the signature area.
Yep, I use desktop view on the phone.
:think: surely the PC browser should have a wider resolution than the phone? :?

Browser screenshot for comparison;

ps... I'm afraid the selecting part of the OP to quote... has broken the quote button if you do want to quote the whole message with just a single click - if you try that, it now gives an error message saying you need to select what part of the message you want to quote :facepalm: :| :(

EDIT:
My laptop is a wide screen jobber and has screen resolution set to 1366x768 (max it allows by the looks). No idea about my phone, particularly considering it's in a shop for rework repair atm (battery replacement on new years eve resulted in touch screen barely working :roll: ) but it's a sexy HTC 10 if that helps you work it out.

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine

We have moved server \o/

Post by indigolemon » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:25 pm

wurlycorner wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:25 pm
Yep, I use desktop view on the phone.
:think: surely the PC browser should have a wider resolution than the phone? :?
The actual resolution will affect the visible signature area, but it's not a fixed pixel size, it's a % of the width of the screen. So there is no 'guaranteed' width. It'll also be affected by font preferences etc too. Not much I can do sadly, as to be responsive and work on all screen sizes precludes fixed width.
wurlycorner wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:25 pm
ps... I'm afraid the selecting part of the OP to quote... has broken the quote button if you do want to quote the whole message with just a single click - if you try that, it now gives an error message saying you need to select what part of the message you want to quote :facepalm: :| :(
Hmm, not for me, just chucks the whole post into the quick reply box?

Return to “Site Features / Announcements”