Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Insurance right-off? I said no, No, NO!

Announcements + things that this site can do that you should know about.
Vtecmec
LotM Winner
My Generation: 4G
XBOX GamerTag: vtecmec

Post by Vtecmec » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:05 pm

Even with ncb protection, they'll still screw you next year if you make a claim. They always ask the question, any claims or convictions in the last 5 years? :x

Nice work in saving it. 8-)

paul bristol uk

Post by paul bristol uk » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:13 pm

wurlycorner wrote: a Spanish holiday maker on their way back to the airport - the result of which was my Lude running onto a roundabout, up the kerb and into a sign-post...
"a Spanish holiday maker on their way back to the airport" Even if you found them I doubt they would have a pot to body lemonade in!
I have kleptomania,
But when it gets bad,
I take something for it.

BMCC
My Generation: 5G

Post by BMCC » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:37 am

This is why you take the lazy fuckers out first, then claim on their insurance. No damage to them they drive off. I decided long ago that if someone does something stupid and I am going to get the damage. For sure their coming with me............... :twisted: :bat:

Merlin
PSN GamerTag: Merlinbadman

Post by Merlin » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:30 am

Congrats!!!! The car looked mutch too good to scrap.

+Reps!!
BA8......... BB4......... BB8.........The JDM Muscle Bus

Rich
Pickle Rich
PSN GamerTag: richardofeston

Post by Rich » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:54 am

Good work. Well done!

Dobbs

Post by Dobbs » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:34 pm

Yikes!
That's the gamble you take if you go for policies with huge excesses and no ncb protection. Save a little bit of money on the premium, but then can't afford to claim.

No option of claiming off the other party then?
Hi, that was the best policy from a certain meerkat comparison site - there was little choice about the excess and the policy has NCD protection. However, as I've now found out, having protected NCD does not mean that the policy will not go up - it would have increased for about 5 years as I would have claimed an accident payout - the NCD is just a discount on the main policy rather than a guarantee that the policy costs will not increase (hope that makes sense).

I could have claimed off the third party, but then my policy would have still increased as I did have an accident, regardless of who was at fault. But as the 3rd party was a Spanish holiday maker on their way back to the airport then it would have taken a while to get in contact with them and as their English was v.poor they could have easily denied admitting responsibility...

My faith in car insurance has certainly been dented!

Dobbs.

craig_jdm

Post by craig_jdm » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:53 pm

nice save :D
I hit the limiter in my h23 vtec still didn't kick in

Dobbs

Post by Dobbs » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:45 pm

BMCC wrote:This is why you take the lazy fuckers out first, then claim on their insurance. No damage to them they drive off. I decided long ago that if someone does something stupid and I am going to get the damage. For sure their coming with me............... :twisted: :bat:
I know what you mean...

I phoned the car hire company who basically said "Thanks for not hitting our vehicle, now bugger off and claim on your insurance!" Next time it might well be a knock-for-knock insurance situation - :twisted:

skyinsurance
My Generation: 0G

Post by skyinsurance » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:40 pm

rob quilter wrote:Well done! Great to see the lude saved, it annoys me when insurance companies want to write off older cars, the damage wasn't that bad.

+rep :D
From the other side of the fence though, when using approved repairers and parts, it quickly becomes uneconomical to repair.

http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk/car-club-insurance.html

Supermarine Blues

Post by Supermarine Blues » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:34 pm

Faith in car insurance, Dobbs? You are a trusting sort!

Well done on the repair - does it drive alright now? Might need the camber/caster checked as well.

Return to “Site Features / Announcements”