Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Insurance right-off? I said no, No, NO!

Announcements + things that this site can do that you should know about.
Dobbs
My Generation: 4G

Post by Dobbs » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:05 pm

Supermarine Blues wrote:Faith in car insurance, Dobbs? You are a trusting sort!

Well done on the repair - does it drive alright now? Might need the camber/caster checked as well.

Hi, I've had the tracking reset with a laser system and it seems to drive just as well as it did before the crash. I've just fitted some brand new Hankook Ventus V12's to the front which will certainly improve the front grip (and hopefully keep me off any signposts and roundabouts in the future) :D

I will however keep an eye on tread-wear and if anything looks amiss I'll get it all checked - thanks for the heads-up.

If anyone is looking for tyres, I can recommend http://www.Camskill.co.uk who are one of the cheapest about, do next day delivery and are very knowledgeable over the phone. 2x 205x17x45's Hankook Ventus V12's cost £168 and my local tyre fitter charge £20 to fit and balance them both, total = £188.

I was going to go for Toyo Proxies T1R's having had them on my other Ludes, but the Hankook's got a better rating and user reviews as did the AvonZZ3's (another comparable tyre), and the guy at Camskills was honest enough to say that the Avons were about to be discontinued and then left the choice up to me - no 'hard-sell', just good, honest advice.

I'd also recommend visiting http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk and check out actual user ratings and reviews before purchasing your rubber (tyres).

Toyo TR1's = 75%
Avon ZZ3's = 76%
Hankook Ventus V12's = 80%

I'll copy and repost the tyre advice in the Tyres etc. section of the forum.

Take care ya'll.

Rocky
My Generation: 5G

Post by Rocky » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:31 pm

Grats on deciding to save it...and loving the drift stitching on the bumper
My 5th Gen: Project Cheapskate
Pushki wrote:I change my pants every 3000 miles or every 6 months. Whichever comes first.

Return to “Site Features / Announcements”