Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

I'm Sceptical

Found something on eBay? Selling something on eBay? Tell us here
littlefeller
My Generation: 4G

Post by littlefeller » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:57 am

97 ron? i use ordinary 95 and its fine, i do (if i get the chance) use higher but the garage near me only sells 95 :evil: to be honest i dont notice any difference (mine is a jdm 4g) personaly i would steer clear of ebay chips, changing these parameters in most ecus is a simple job (which is not really good, should maybe be harder to get rid of the dodgy folk on ebay) but idealy needs to done with a dyno. robs chip is ideal, sensible chip (doesnt change too much). i have noticed some s2000 tuners get big results with just chipping but again its not just a case of sticking in a new chip and away you go as ebay sellers sugest. i think most ludes on here run robs chips, this is a safe bet (must be or this forum would be extinct by now :shock: ) go on buy one, you know you want too :twisted:

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine
PSN GamerTag: M149YSL

Post by indigolemon » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:27 am

littlefeller wrote:97 ron? i use ordinary 95 and its fine, i do (if i get the chance) use higher but the garage near me only sells 95 :evil: to be honest i dont notice any difference (mine is a jdm 4g)
If yours is JDM the knock sensor will retard the engine (haha, retard!) so that you can't do any damage with the cack fuel. Run it on something like VPower for a few weeks and you'll spot the difference, the main one being more miles to a tank!
'On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.' - Charles Babbage

littlefeller

Post by littlefeller » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:29 am

oooo i will like to give it ago, but i cant get vpower anywhere near me :cry:

nucleustylzlude

Post by nucleustylzlude » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:03 am

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

:tosser:

No different to half the crap on ebay.

Where to start...

1) 0 Feedback - looks trustworthy!

2) More power and 10-15% saving on fuel when driving economically - bullcrap! These cars run fairly rich from the factory and the main way to gain more power is to increase the fuel / adjust the ignition timing.

3) What is the map? Is it one of the many versions of the Spoon map, and tweaked - recent experience has shown me that you cannot use Crome to tweak the Spoon map, the coding is slightly different.
Or has someone used the same P13 map and just changed the parameters? Crome, etc cannot remap P13's, but it does have a pluggin that can change parameters. I.e. all the things he lists. I dread to think how many chips out there are the same P13 factory map and they just lower VTEC points, up redlines to silly numbers and disable a number of options and then say the magic +20bhp! :lol:

4) 'Specially designed for a racing' - Ok, one, nice English and two - has this guy personally mapped this on a Prelude, on a Dyno, for racing purposes? I would think not, and is just ebay ad bull$hit! Again, if it is a Spoon map tweaked - maybe something there?

5) Torque gains - *cough* Bull$hit - some gains on the Spoon map - let's see some dyno graphs from him then, if it's 'Specially designed' by him.

6) Bhp gains - *cough* Bull$hit - See above!

7) As Pushki points out, it is not 'lowered' to 5,500rpm. It's factory setting is 5,200rpm, the fact he doesn't even know this - which is very obvious to see on the hex codes in the right location of the OEM map, or using Crome pluggin! So that is very worrying that this whole add is Bull$hit!

8) Why, oh why, would you raise the rev limit to 9,200rpm? The V1 map / Sleepy chips / Darfsport chips had an 8,500rpm limit (I have this now!), which TBH is pushing the limits of the standard head. 9k is just idiotic without a proper build with proper tuning equipment.

9) Disabled speed limit - yes, disable knock sensor - mm...yes in Crome you can, O2???? WTF? There are two options, you can disable the O2 sensor heater - I really don't understand the point of this feature. The other is to disable the OEM O2 sensor in a way but really means to run the car on open loop all the time - I.e. Use the tuning map as input, and not closed loop which interpolates between numbers and sensors. It is an option to use for tuning purposes only, then you switch back to closed loop. Another thing that scares me on this ad!

10) More cr@p english and stuff about minimum 95 ron, when for JDM P13's you should be running higher, 98 minimum as Indigolemon states! Another comment that suggests he has no experience or knowledge of the car he is selling the chip for! Just found a map online, or bought another generic cr@ppy chip from ebay, copied and resold - not tested or anything?

So to conclude - :tosser:

I really can't be arsed to send these ebay sellers questions, there's just too many of them out there. But if someone can be @rsed, copy and past this to him - be fun to see what they say.

I'm open about the maps I sell, I know what they are, where they've come from and am not ripping people off at those prices! It just amazes me.

This, however, does remind me I need to copy over my for sale thread from PUK. 8)
So one good thing to come out of this numpty! :lol:

And.....rant over.

Cheers,

Rob

P.S. No-one usually spells my username properly! :lol:

nucleustylzlude

Post by nucleustylzlude » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:09 am

Oh and also to add - he doesn't say it's for a JDM H22A's P13 - with any specific ECU codes - J00, J01, N00, N01, etc. Or whether they work on UKDM H22A2's.

Well I know that they won't work between the two and that the UKDM has two different codesets for differenct ECU codes - G00 & G01.

So what poor chump will be first to find out either way and be out of pocket £54.99! :roll:

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine
PSN GamerTag: M149YSL

Post by indigolemon » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:36 am

Rob, if you copy your thread over give me a nudge and I'll sticky it in the for sale section.
'On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.' - Charles Babbage

JayJay

Post by JayJay » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:44 am

Nice one Rob.

I also didn't see the price. £54.99! Fook me.
Shiny wrote:I sniff dirty pants.

Vtecmec
LotM Winner
XBOX GamerTag: vtecmec

Post by Vtecmec » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:52 pm

Bonkers, I paid less than half that for the genuine Spoon ECU I have (which Rob's v2 chip is copied from).

nucleustylzlude

Post by nucleustylzlude » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:53 pm

Yes but that was a bargain and a fluke! :lol:

Vtecmec
LotM Winner
XBOX GamerTag: vtecmec

Post by Vtecmec » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:25 pm

Yes. :lol: Almost as good a deal as the quarter panel. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “eBay”