Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

VTI SIR JDM 4ws???

Found something on eBay? Selling something on eBay? Tell us here
km666
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: fargoneonone

VTI SIR JDM 4ws???

Post by km666 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:24 pm

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1996-HONDA-P ... SwdAVfcrvg

I'm not sure they know what they have.
-KM666

toadster

VTI SIR JDM 4ws???

Post by toadster » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:46 pm

Lo :D
Looks nice 8) but aren't Sir non sunroof ? or is that just Type S ?
Cheers for posting ;)
Toadster

RattyMcClelland
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

VTI SIR JDM 4ws???

Post by RattyMcClelland » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:08 pm

Sunroof is optional on all BUT the Type S.
That's a BB8 SIR 4ws. JDM equivalent to our UKDM VTi

R-Type

VTI SIR JDM 4ws???

Post by R-Type » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:05 pm

It’s nice and all but really don’t think it’s worth £6k. Of all the 4 JDM 5th generations isn’t it 3rd place after the Sir-S and Type-S? I think one of those in the same condition would be worth close to £5k? What is an Sir worth, £4k? Or is 4ws preferable to the LSD and the ATTS on the Sir-S and S-Type respectively? Lots of question marks because I really don’t know.

I’ve been looking for a nice UK prelude for ages but can’t find one to meet my criteria:
2.2vti
manual
red top
Motegi ideally but can live without it
Not modded would be ideal too
Condition more important than mileage

I’ve been looking at 2.2 autos and just think I’ll be disappointed with the performance. I’m now considering a 4th gen 2.2 vtec as an alternative as it’s basically as fast as the red top and I prefer the interior and front end anyway.

With good examples apparently dying out I’m wondering if I should consider an import now instead. Is an Sir JDM really worth more than double the UK versions?

RattyMcClelland
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

VTI SIR JDM 4ws???

Post by RattyMcClelland » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:07 pm

R-Type wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:05 pm
It’s nice and all but really don’t think it’s worth £6k. Of all the 4 JDM 5th generations isn’t it 3rd place after the Sir-S and Type-S? I think one of those in the same condition would be worth close to £5k? What is an Sir worth, £4k? Or is 4ws preferable to the LSD and the ATTS on the Sir-S and S-Type respectively? Lots of question marks because I really don’t know.

I’ve been looking for a nice UK prelude for ages but can’t find one to meet my criteria:
2.2vti
manual
red top

I’ve been looking at 2.2 autos and just think I’ll be disappointed with the performance. I’m now considering a 4th gen 2.2 vtec as an alternative as it’s basically as fast as the red top and I prefer the interior and front end anyway.

With good examples apparently dying out I’m wondering if I should consider an import now instead. Is an Sir JDM really worth more than double the UK versions?
It's bang on price IMO. Type S and S-specs are around £9-10k to import now, prices are repidly increasing.

Scott560

VTI SIR JDM 4ws???

Post by Scott560 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:58 am

R-Type wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:05 pm
2.2vti
manual
red top
I think you will be waiting a while.

I almost ended up buying another prelude just to get the motegi kit for mine. see a few on gumtree from time to time.

I think waiting for the 'right' car is not productive. Get the base when you can, then get the bits separately. Takes time and is a hassle, but you have fun and learn putting them on. h22a8 manual that isnt a basket case is still hard to find.

Over the years I've sourced the body kit, the foglights, foglight switch, ATR brakes, ATR diff, folding mirrors, mirror relay, grill, etc. Lots of driving about and a bit of cash here and there, but all worth it in the end.
'00 UKDM 2.2VTI H22a8
'21 'e' Advance

Return to “eBay”