Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Anybody know whats going on with the exhuast?

Found something on eBay? Selling something on eBay? Tell us here
Andyjess666
My Generation: 5G

Post by Andyjess666 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:27 pm

It's a rear spoiler an bonnet scoop we all should fit

Scott560

Post by Scott560 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:36 pm

I don't think its so much that they compare it to the type S or similar, it's because they can't accept they have probably 'wasted' money, or worse still cannot afford to take the 'loss'.

All modifications from standard are at the owners discretion, when you sell it, no one will care (much) for your taste, only their own. Whilst black is black - it probably cost them a fair whack to get it redone - in a non-standard colour which in my mind reduces the value, because you cant replace panels/trim easily as it'll be the wrong colour.

I think running costs get confused with investment, but that rarely is the case. So someone who spent 3k+ on there 1-2k car, does not a 5k car make, but a 1-2k car still with a few nice to haves (maybe - taste permitting).

it's had new spark plugs, leads, battery, rear callipers and pads - that's about it as far as maintenance goes listed on the ad, if anything that list is a little light for what needs replacing on this age of car based on what i end up replacing. the stick on tatt is worth nothing to most people.

I've spent loads on mine, but I know a lot of it is upkeep/maintenance/nice to haves which only increase its value incrementally. 700quid Teins, probably worth more off the car than on lol. ATR type diff - costly to put in new bearings etc, but doesn't increase value much. fogs/body kit / wheels with decent tyres, I'll never get it all back but I can accept that. All that cost is getting consumed, not invested.
'00 UKDM 2.2VTI H22a8
'21 'e' Advance

Hagland-BB4
My Generation: 4G

Post by Hagland-BB4 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:30 pm

That is a badly placed listing.
Only resprayed a month ago and still needs its first wax and polish, that worries me.
Good luck to him
Now
1994 Prelude 2.2 - JDM BB4 SI VTEC LSD (Sebring Silver - NH552M)
1996 Prelude 2.2 - UKDM BB1 VTEC (Milano Red - R81)
1993 Prelude 2.2 - JDM BB1 SI VTEC (Sebring Silver - NH552M)

Then
1996 Prelude 2.2 - UKDM BB1 VTEC (Championship Whte - NH0)
1995 Prelude 2.2 - UKDM BB1 (Phantom Grey - NH561P)
1995 Prelude 2.2 - JDM BB4 SI VTEC LSD (Granada Black - NH503P)
1995 Prelude 2.2 - JDM BB1 4WS (Sebring Silver - NH552M)

ATR84
XBOX GamerTag: mike84n

Post by ATR84 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:02 pm

I think the difference is most of us are in it for the long haul and have no intention of selling anyway. Also, some of the mods you see on these ebay ones none of us would ever do.

It seems the 2 litre non vtec preludes in particular are prone to these dodgy owners.

Return to “eBay”