Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

5th Gen steering problem?

Chassis/Brakes/Steering/Wheels discussion
indigolemon
The Chaos Engine
My Generation: 4G
PSN GamerTag: M149YSL

Post by indigolemon » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:49 am

Hey man, rear steering rack (between back wheels) then insert locking tool like so:

Dbo - I had that done too, then had it redone with the locking tool. Fook me what a difference!
'On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.' - Charles Babbage

Lude-dude
My Generation: 5G
XBOX GamerTag: Vtec Junky
PSN GamerTag: Rob7niner

Post by Lude-dude » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:57 am

4 wheel tracking is fine

but its not 4ws 4 wheel tracking, the garage have no idea what your talking about which is not a good sign.

tha only places I know of demon tweeks & performance autoworks

H22a5 UKDM 2.2 VTI 244Bhp 180lbs/ft Crower stage 2
http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/profile ... t3211.html

Howzit37
Supporter 2015
My Generation: 5G
XBOX GamerTag: Howzit37

Post by Howzit37 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:42 pm

Hi guys, got the locking tool from Mart (thanks again).

I took the car back to Fields Tyre's in Hove, and they did the tracking again with the pin in place.

I also bought a new tyre and swapped the others around so I now have 2 Avon's on the front and 2 Haida's on the back. Thought it might help if I had matching compounds on both sides...just until I can afford 4 good uns on each corner.

All is great now and the car is running straighter than it ever has.

I will also add that Fields Tyre's were really helpful and would recommend them to anyone. They were more than happy to have the car back and to have the tracking redone. I was however waiting for the inevitable "that will be another £72 please sir", but that never happened.

Thanks for all of the advice guys.

Return to “Chassis / Brakes / Steering / Wheels”