Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Srs reset

Chassis/Brakes/Steering/Wheels discussion
Andyjess666
My Generation: 5G

Srs reset

Post by Andyjess666 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:39 pm

Hi guys how do I reset my srs light just wondering if I can or not or if you replace the airbag bit would that do it or even unplug the battery for a bit any help please

RattyMcClelland
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

Post by RattyMcClelland » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:24 pm

Andyjess666

Post by Andyjess666 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:42 pm

Cheers ratty all reset

pencil

Srs reset

Post by pencil » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:44 pm

Hello everyone - thought I'd resurrect this old thread instead of starting a new one.

I've got my SRS light on after removing & replacing the steering wheel. The link above (honda-prelude-guides/srs-light-reset-5th-gen-t84.html) doesn't seem to go anywhere any more. Can anyone help?

I've googled the paperclip solution but it's not working for me. Any help on that gratefully received.

I wondered about plugging in the code reader that I've got for my Misubuishi (though I didn't really expect it to work...) - but the plugs are as you probably know very different. Can someone suggest a code reader that will work?

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine
My Generation: 4G
PSN GamerTag: M149YSL

Srs reset

Post by indigolemon » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:19 pm

Hey man, to add to the fun I found the thread and the picture it used is gone.

However, thanks to the 'Wayback Machine' I have found the following:

• Find Service Connector
  • You will need a paperclip, piece of wire or something that can easily be used to short out the connector. I use a paperclip. With the key off, connect the paperclip to both ends of the plug. I am connecting the circuit in a specific order to reset the SRS light.
  • Hold the wires together (short it) while you turn the ignition on (turn key to on position, not start). The SRS light will come on for a couple seconds and then go out.
  • When the SRS light goes off, disconnect (un-short) the wires.
  • The SRS light comes on again, connect the wires again.
  • The SRS light will then turn off. Disconnect the wires. The SRS light should blink twice and your SRS light and system will be reset.
'On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.' - Charles Babbage

pencil

Srs reset

Post by pencil » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:36 pm

Thank you Indigolemon... this is the the 2-pin connector in the passenger footwell we're talking about, which is next to a 3-pin connector? Not a different one altogether?

This is the chap I've been using:

If that's the right connector (the 2 pin one in the pic) I've tried this a few times this evening. All fine, until the final stage when the SRS light is supposed to go off for the second time. It stays on instead of blinking twice and going out. Bah.

If I leave the paperclip connected, it flashes a code - one long and one short, so code 11. It does this once, not in a loop, then just shows continuously on light. This means (as far as I have been able to find out from t'internet) that the code is stored and therefore ought to be able to be cleared. I can't seem to clear it though....

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Srs reset

Post by wurlycorner » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:44 pm

That is the correct 2-pin connector, yes.

Try using a short length of wire of the right size for the connector - sometimes paperclips can be poor conductors and these are no-volt contacts, so you need a good conductor to short it correctly.

Also make sure you have put the wire in the correct side of the connector holes (sounds strange, but one side of the holes properly accesses the contacts, the other side doesn't make good contact).

pencil

Srs reset

Post by pencil » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:59 pm

Thanks Wurly, I'll have another crack at it with some decent bits of wire.

I noticed that about the holes in the connector, which foxed me at first.

My other thought was I could have damaged the clockspring in taking the wheel on and off - the cruise control has never worked since I've had the car so might point to a worn one.... but this is relatively unlikely as the horn still works.

pencil

Srs reset

Post by pencil » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:44 pm

Right, that didn't make any difference, which is a shame.

I did a short video of what I'm doing - just in case I'm being completely stupid:

[media]https://timhensel.zenfolio.com/p803880266/ec2162d2e[/media] (edit: the embed thing doesn't seem to work, but you can see it via the link)

The other thing that just occurred to me is that the 4WS is giving me a code (though that light isn't on in normal use, and the 4WS seems to work fine) - maybe I need to clear that one before I can clear off the SRS?

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Srs reset

Post by wurlycorner » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:43 am

Video is really helpful, should show people what's going on.

I'm no expert on the 5th gen SRS unfortunately, so hopefully some of the guys who are more experienced with it, will be able to help.

The 4WS system shouldn't have anything to do with the SRS although if there is a code logged, that should be checked out as well. I didn't catch the fault code it had logged, do you know what the code was?

Have you got a copy of the 5th gen service manual?

Return to “Chassis / Brakes / Steering / Wheels”