Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Uprated Springs, Eibach etc...

Chassis/Brakes/Steering/Wheels discussion
EddieMunster
My Generation: 5G

Post by EddieMunster » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:14 pm

Hi

I ordered the following set from Eibach, https://www.eibachshop.co.uk/eibach-pro ... JVPcSL7SHs, but, even though this kit came the rear shocks were completely wrong. I'd have had to have to cut them to get them to fit, so I sent them back.

However, I've noticed they do this kit, https://www.eibachshop.co.uk/eibach-pro ... JVP_CL7SHs, which although for the 5g it would obviously fit the 4g too.

My question is, has anyone fitted either set, or has anyone fitted another brand to their 4g without the same issues I've had?

Regards
5g 2.2 Motegi in Blue.

M@dds
XBOX GamerTag: Exerriddiam

Post by M@dds » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:31 am

I fitted some Eibach lowering springs to my 5th gen, I was able to place the spring in place over the shock and place the strut top on and put my weight on them and with some difficulty screw the nut on the top without too many issues.

Mine scrapped abit cause I had some quite wide wheels on. Seemed ok though.

EddieMunster

Post by EddieMunster » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:37 am

M@dds wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:31 am
I fitted some Eibach lowering springs to my 5th gen, I was able to place the spring in place over the shock and place the strut top on and put my weight on them and with some difficulty screw the nut on the top without too many issues.

Mine scrapped abit cause I had some quite wide wheels on. Seemed ok though.
I'm not going mad then, it is a design issue from Eibach. I might have to look for custom shocks/springs instead, which is a shame as I've just fitted brand new KYB shocks to it.
5g 2.2 Motegi in Blue.

newkid
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 4G
PSN GamerTag: spaz_ma_taz

Post by newkid » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:17 pm

Design issue? In what way. There's been plenty off people on here that have used eibach with no issue.

Max

Post by Max » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:57 pm

You do have to compress the springs a bit to fit them, shouldn't need spring compressors to do it though just your own weight should be enough.

EddieMunster

Post by EddieMunster » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:20 pm

Max wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:57 pm
You do have to compress the springs a bit to fit them, shouldn't need spring compressors to do it though just your own weight should be enough.
Even on the spring compressor they were so tight that they wouldn't go on without a real struggle; I've put together enough shocks/springs to know when something shouldn't be forced, it would have needed about 60mm taking off and obviously that'd ruin the rates. I did check with Eibach, to ensure the right springs were sent (which they were), but oddly Eibach's dimensions for the 4g and 5g were different, so they suggested going for the slightly shorter 5g set to see if they'd fit.
5g 2.2 Motegi in Blue.

Andyjess666

Post by Andyjess666 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:57 pm

I have the kyb shocks an pi spring 40 drop all round fitted all OK straight on had them on a while now no issues but the company that sent the shocks took a while to send the right ones

Max

Post by Max » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:58 pm

Yeah that doesn't sound right, when you've done enough of them there's a point where you know its just dangerous to compress any more, the ones i bought were 5G specific and they fit just with body weight alone but i was installing them on koni's.

EddieMunster

Post by EddieMunster » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:10 pm

Andyjess666 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:57 pm
I have the kyb shocks an pi spring 40 drop all round fitted all OK straight on had them on a while now no issues but the company that sent the shocks took a while to send the right ones
You think you had the wrong KYB's? I did think that as a possibility, although they went on easily enough I seem to remember but a friend helped so I'm going to ask if he can remember anything unusual about it.

What I do remember about the KYB's is that they needed compressing/releasing a few times once you'd take the plastic rope off.
5g 2.2 Motegi in Blue.

Andyjess666

Post by Andyjess666 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:10 pm

They sent the wrong ones completely different style the rears are same for 4 an 5th Gen an they still sent wrong ones

Return to “Chassis / Brakes / Steering / Wheels”