Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

4WS light keeps coming on (already tried resetting it)

Chassis/Brakes/Steering/Wheels discussion
Anzezaf
My Generation: 5G

Post by Anzezaf » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:10 am

In the thread I linked you have a link to the rare 5th gen 4WS manuals.. Every little detail is described there, including the neutral setting procedure.

PreludePete
Supporter 2016

Post by PreludePete » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:15 pm

Hi Chris,

Sorry you are having problems with the 4WS system

In my ownership the only time the light came on is when the car came out of storage and the battery had been disconnected. A reset sorted it and no more problems.

A year or so ago I hit a large pothole which punctured the nearside front tyre. Post accident checks on suspension etc carried out by Bolton Honda included and alignment check, which should be confirmed by checking the invoices I gave you. I don't think it should need doing again.

Peter

chris_rd92

Post by chris_rd92 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:22 pm

PreludePete wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:15 pm
Hi Chris,

Sorry you are having problems with the 4WS system

In my ownership the only time the light came on is when the car came out of storage and the battery had been disconnected. A reset sorted it and no more problems.

A year or so ago I hit a large pothole which punctured the nearside front tyre. Post accident checks on suspension etc carried out by Bolton Honda included and alignment check, which should be confirmed by checking the invoices I gave you. I don't think it should need doing again.

Peter
Hi Peter

Not to worry, I'm sure it's something that can be sorted easily. In that case I guess the next step is to try a main steering sensor reset before I start replacing parts.

I'm still unsure of how to do this though. All info online seems very hazy on the actual procedure. Has anybody be done a main steering sensor reset and can shed some light for me?

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Post by wurlycorner » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:43 am

chris_rd92 wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:22 pm
I'm still unsure of how to do this though. All info online seems very hazy on the actual procedure. Has anybody be done a main steering sensor reset and can shed some light for me?
If Anzezaf has linked the oem service manual in a previous post, then all the information on how to do the steering neutral reset and to diagnose and change sensors (if needed) is in there.

Return to “Chassis / Brakes / Steering / Wheels”