Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

New Honda Legend 4 piston calipers on a 4th gen Prelude

Chassis/Brakes/Steering/Wheels discussion
DanishLuder
My Generation: 4G

Post by DanishLuder » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:18 pm

RattyMcClelland wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:16 pm
Unsprung weight is overrated.
I went from 19kg 20" wheels to 9.9kg 20" wheels before tyre weight on my van and the ride handling was actually worse and Performance difference was unnoticeable. Never noticed a difference on the Prelude either. Tyre weight does make a difference though by compared to contact patch I wouldnt worry.

However further looking into this

The Acura big brake upgrade is as follows.

- Acura RL brake calipers. Same as the late Honda Legend. No where to get them in the UK so import from America only.
- Fatfour customs caliper braker kit
- 350z front brake rotors which are 324x28/30mm (5x114.3). (fatfourcustoms sell redrilled 4x114.3 for 4th gens)

And your chosen brake pad which the legend calipers shares with many OEM applications like Mitsubishi evo etc.

And to further +1 this, I've came across the same conclusion.
Acura RL brakes and Fatfour custom bracket. There is also another US company that does a bracket, "www.fastbrakes.com", but I couldnt find a specific kit for the Prelude as some americans have told me. I'm guessing they are using an Accord version.
The rotors are a bit more interesting. You can use both Nissan 350z but also the Maxima 2008 model, those could be cheaper to find. (I've read some people have problems fitting the 324 in the calipers, but I actually havent had any real conclusion to this).

And regarding the price, I've actually fitted it in at around 685 pounds, for a nice pair of Acura RL calipers with shipping and import charges from US. Brembo brake pads, the custom bracket, and a 350z grooved 324mm/30mm rotor.

RattyMcClelland
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

Post by RattyMcClelland » Fri May 15, 2020 9:51 pm

Soooooo.
Sitting right in front of me is freshly refurbished kB1 Legend calipers & Fat four customs brackets.
Now these wont clear my 17x9 enkei rpf01 but I'm test fitting them on sunday just to see how much they wont fit so I can compare against my new wheels I ordered on the way over from Japan which I know clear certain big calipers. Thanks Rays.

DanishLuder

Post by DanishLuder » Fri May 22, 2020 6:51 pm

RattyMcClelland wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 9:51 pm
Soooooo.
Sitting right in front of me is freshly refurbished kB1 Legend calipers & Fat four customs brackets.
Now these wont clear my 17x9 enkei rpf01 but I'm test fitting them on sunday just to see how much they wont fit so I can compare against my new wheels I ordered on the way over from Japan which I know clear certain big calipers. Thanks Rays.
Nice man!
I've got mine laying on the shelf as well, both the calipers and the brackets, new braided brake lines front and rear as well. Just missing the pads and rotors.
But as the car is completely stripped while I repair rust and bodyworks, it will be some time before I install them.

Please do post a picture of 2 when you get yours installed! :D
And also actually quite suprised they wont clear your 17x9. Makes me a bit nervous. What size wheels did you order from Japan?
I was planning on getting 17x8 Work Emotion ZR10's, with a bit of concave.

DanishLuder

Post by DanishLuder » Fri May 22, 2020 6:52 pm

wurlycorner wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 11:12 pm
:uselesswithoutpics:
I will definitely get some pictures up when I actually install them.

I might just snap a few when I get back to the workshop, of what I have at the moment. :problem: :D

RattyMcClelland
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

Post by RattyMcClelland » Fri May 22, 2020 7:30 pm

The Enkei rpf01 have a flat face when you get to 17x9 size and looks so much better than the covex spokes on the narrower sizes. However this has a negative effect on brake clearance.
New wheels are Ray's gramlights 57CR. Pure fap.

DanishLuder

Post by DanishLuder » Sat May 23, 2020 8:05 pm

RattyMcClelland wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 7:30 pm
Ray's gramlights 57CR
Ahh, I seee then.
New wheels definitely look stunning! Looking forward to see it all installed. 8)

Return to “Chassis / Brakes / Steering / Wheels”