Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Doing alignment after changing wheels' offset?

Chassis/Brakes/Steering/Wheels discussion
Anzezaf
My Generation: 5G

Post by Anzezaf » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:15 am

Hey guys,

I'm planning to switch wheels soon, from my current offset ET50 to the stock value of ET55 and I'm wondering if I'm gonna need to go get the suspension aligned.
My mind is telling me yes, since the geometry does change a bit - I imagine the wheel will have a 5mm shorter "lever" at which it will be sitting (in regards to the pivot point of the upper and lower control arms), thus compressing the spring a bit less, making the camber more positive..

Or am I being too pedantic with this small change? Most forums and boards I googled about this say that this change in offset won't have any affect..

But the thing I do know is, that when I went from ET38 to ET50 the car handled like jobby and I really benefited from having it aligned :angel:

RattyMcClelland
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

Post by RattyMcClelland » Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:16 pm

No offset doesn't change the alignment. Change tyres/wheels to a bigger or smaller size changes alignment. Same with worn tyres Vs brand new tyres. The 8mm tread difference changes alignment slightly.

Return to “Chassis / Brakes / Steering / Wheels”