Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

ATR brake setup pros and cons + master cylinder confusion

Chassis/Brakes/Steering/Wheels discussion
Max
My Generation: 5G

Post by Max » Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:08 pm

Interesting views and experiences guys, but overall sounds like i should be ok since i have a 5th gen with ABS it should just work and feel good, wheels are 17" Motegi's so all good on clearance too.

If i did need to rebuild the master cylinder thats no issue, i prefer to rebuild anyway, no telling what you're getting with used parts.

ek9sid
Supporter 2015

Post by ek9sid » Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:18 pm

If you're going to be fitting different calipers, I'd recommend doing braided lines whilst you're there (if you haven't already thought about that)

km666
PSN GamerTag: fargoneonone

Post by km666 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:32 pm

I went ATR set up with the 300mm discs and love it so far. Multi pot calipers always seem to take a bit more foot action though to get the same bite as you got earlier in brake pedal travel before but I was used to this having driven an Impreza for a while.
-KM666

RattyMcClelland
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

Post by RattyMcClelland » Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:45 pm

Nothing much to add here.
I went from Standard Prelude brakes to ATR 300mm discs calipers and then onto Acura/Legend KB1 4 pots and 320mm discs.

Each one was an upgrade and each one has different pedal feel....ie slightly longer travel.
Compared to modern vehicles the Lude has alot of progressive travel with each brake change to braking just like the accelerator. Whereas modern cars have very hard hitting brakes with virtually not input.

To be honest on a road car the Preludes brakes were fine. But I want the looks also so went big.

Return to “Chassis / Brakes / Steering / Wheels”