Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

What colour wheels on Crystal Blue Metallic 5th gen?

Chassis/Brakes/Steering/Wheels discussion
skinny
My Generation: 5G

Post by skinny » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:48 am

i have gunmetal type colour on mine...

mcj78

Post by mcj78 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:50 am

Cheers A1ex - got it from the States on eBay for about £90 delivered, think some of them are a bit hit & miss regarding fit however this one's pretty good - quite tight, took a bit of wrestling on & could have done with being a couple of mm longer, but overall pretty pleased with how it turned out 8-)

Yeah - i'm pretty much set on a gloss anthracite finish (subject to last minute mind changing :lol: )

Looking good Skinny - what wheels are those?

J

macky_6

Post by macky_6 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:16 pm

Pretty sure that dark colours work best on that colour of car ;)

Rocky

Post by Rocky » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:41 pm

Gorgon wrote::o :scaredtoss: :scaredtoss: :scaredtoss:

Wouldn't expect that to work but that looks awesome 8-)

As wor Nitin would say 'turd'

Edit: Ha :lol: bloody censor
My 5th Gen: Project Cheapskate
Pushki wrote:I change my pants every 3000 miles or every 6 months. Whichever comes first.

mcj78

Post by mcj78 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:42 am

Well I picked the car up this morning & it's looking pretty good if I do say so myself :P I ended up going for a lighter shade than the dark anthracite I originally wanted as the colour swatch looked almost black against the light paint on the car, even in (rare) bright sunlight - they had 2 metallic anthracite colours anyway so I went for the lighter shade, it's actually pretty subtle & the shade is just slightly darker than the paint - I think it works well & that's all that counts ;)

A couple of teaser phone pics for now, i'll take some proper photos with a camera this weekend when it gets washed & polished 8-)

It was pretty sunny this morning so they look slightly lighter in these photos, depending on how the light catches the metallic element they generally look a touch darker. The finish up close is excellent - apparently they've had 5/6 coats as they were pretty pitted :shock: If anyone need wheels done in the Glasgow/Renfrewshire area i'd recommend the place - Glentyan Alloys in Linwood, ask for Colin, great prices too ;)

J 8-)

nitin_s1
PSN GamerTag: N171N

Post by nitin_s1 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:45 am

Oops my bad, when you said crystal blue I thought you were talking about the supermarine blue. Lol

Those wheels look good.

Merlin
PSN GamerTag: Merlinbadman

Post by Merlin » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:48 am

Looks good. Not too far away from the OEM colour. You need to change your rear brakes ;)
BA8......... BB4......... BB8.........The JDM Muscle Bus

mcj78

Post by mcj78 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:49 am

Merlin wrote:Looks good. Not too far away from the OEM colour. You need to change your rear brakes ;)
Cheers guys - yeah they're still kinda stock looking which is what I was after, looks much better in the flesh - they have a definite sparkle to them - i'll get some better photos sorted then you can make up your own minds ;)

Haha, knew someone would spot the discs :oops: i've had a set of rear discs & pads in my boot for months waiting to get fitted (don't do many miles so I keep forgetting) - my mechanic mate who does these things for me binned his job earlier in the week, so he's now a full-time freelance mobile mechanic for the forseeable future & seeking ££ so it'll get done sooner rather than later 8-)

Then i'll get some repro fogs... and polish the headlights... and maybe lower it.... etc. etc.

Merlin
PSN GamerTag: Merlinbadman

Post by Merlin » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:00 pm

The finish looks nice. How mutch did it cost per wheel?
BA8......... BB4......... BB8.........The JDM Muscle Bus

mcj78

Post by mcj78 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:48 pm

Merlin wrote:The finish looks nice. How mutch did it cost per wheel?
An extremely reasonable 45 of the Queen's portraits per wheel, including the centrecaps - which had to be painted as opposed to powdercoated 8-) not too bad considering the last quote I got before finding this place was around £70 per wheel... Colin the owner said there was an ever-so-slight difference in finish between the wheels & caps but I honestly can't see it - the metallic finish combined with the concave shape of the centre-caps means they look slightly different from every angle anyway depending on how the light catches them, all good in my eyes - they come with a 12 month warranty too.

Here's the website in case anyone local fancies a good (& cheap) refurb: http://www.glentyanalloys.co.uk/alloy/ & it's these products they use - plenty of colours including a rather fetching iridescent matt bronze (below) & some wacky colour-flip ones: http://powderfx.co.uk/index.php

8-)

Return to “Chassis / Brakes / Steering / Wheels”