Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Drop links

Chassis/Brakes/Steering/Wheels discussion
JayJay
My Generation: 4G

Post by JayJay » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:16 pm

Gorgon wrote:I swear college is slowly ruining my suspension as well, on the route we're supposed to use there's a minimum of 6 speed bumps to go over before there are any spaces to park in, and some are those horrible temporary ones that are really harsh, and I scrape every time. The last few days I've used the other route (which we're not meant to use) and some guy was waiting for me this morning, and questioned why I'd come that way, so I basically explained the bump things and he came out with a really patronising "Well you shouldn't be going so fast over them". Stereotyping gentleman's sausage! :evil:
What a wanker :evil: I'd keep going that way anyway to be honest, if anyone else complains say the speed bumps are damaging your car. My mud guards scrape leaving the driveway where I live at the moment, very annoying and they're starting to look tatty at the edges.
Shiny wrote:I sniff dirty pants.

Donald
Supporter 2015
My Generation: 0G

Post by Donald » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:28 pm

Yeah exactly, I explained to him that damage had already been done and I didn't want to make it worse as it was already going to cost me money and he came out with that. :evil: He replied with "Well you obviously aren't going slow enough"... I create a queue every time I go that way because as well as the mudguards catching, I hear a nasty scraping sound from the exhaust as well.

I did think of removing the mudguards but where they've been on there for so long they've created an outline where they've been rubbing on the paint.

JayJay
My Generation: 4G

Post by JayJay » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:42 pm

If he says anything next time point out to him that no matter how fast or slow you're going, the underside of the car is going to scrape.

Those small, plastic speed dumps are damaging to the cars suspension anyway.
Shiny wrote:I sniff dirty pants.

Return to “Chassis / Brakes / Steering / Wheels”