Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

uprated calipers

Chassis/Brakes/Steering/Wheels discussion
106pete
My Generation: 4G

Re: uprated calipers

Post by 106pete » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:28 am

Just to add another option you can fit the brand new ctr brakes, fn1 I think it is??

I can't remember the exact sizes but there's a guy on Puk who sold them for about £200 with delivery miles only, so genuine pads n disk not even bedded in with full calipers ready to bolt on for £200!!!

I've used mine on track for awhile and had to upgrade the rear to match the new stopping power, for a budget price I find them very capable.

The kit

The old and new pads

Old and new disk

I think there 300mm disk from what I remember but you will need to drill them to 4 stud, which is a lot easier than it sounds!!
236bhp and 170ft/lb stock :whistle:

Froidas
My Generation: 4G

Post by Froidas » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:41 am

I was looking for EP3 (not FN) calipers too, but I don't like that square design of CTR caliper carrier :D I like ATR more.

And they are only one piston, should be the same as Prelude. I haven't seen any conformation anywhere yet, but I believe Legend/Accord 3.0/NSX/ATR calipers will fit on these carriers too. So I would better take old twin piston caliper, sandblast, paint change seals and put on these brackets.

You are right about discs. EP3 and FN2 are both 300/25mm, don't know the offset of FN2 though. When I get ATR carriers, I will take EP3 discs and redrill them. As someone wrote here, they fit. I will write here with details, how everything went, needed any modifications or not.
Yellow Dream made true.

Return to “Chassis / Brakes / Steering / Wheels”