Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Steering rack - PAS pipe thread sizes

Chassis/Brakes/Steering/Wheels discussion
indigolemon
The Chaos Engine
My Generation: 4G
PSN GamerTag: M149YSL

Post by indigolemon » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:33 pm

nucleustylzlude wrote:Will do! I now keep a pad and pen in the garage with me and have started to document alot of sizes of things.

Been noting down lot's of things like bolt sizes for different things (want to replace them for shiny new ones 8) ), decat dimensions (with going 3.0" I've had to think custom & retrofit), fuel pipe sizes (to run some AN6 lines), dimensions of things (to see if other stuff will fit), and so on. Honestly Nathan - you would love it! It's all going into the spreadsheet too - what else would I do in work! :lol:

Needs to be done though, I'll be browsing for parts and think, oh crap, what size is that! Don't know what to order now. The AN6 fuel lines has been an interesting one recently. Trying to figure out the parts I need to run from one thing to the next.

This is a godsend for bolts:

http://www.pro-bolt.com/index.php/works ... l-box.html

They've changed the design slightly now to state the typical thread pitch sizes for each 'M' size bolt underneath the holes. Cool little thing to have handy though.

I'll post up soon guys. :D
Offtopic (sorry Jay) - would you happen to know the size for the caliper carrier bolts?
'On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.' - Charles Babbage

nucleustylzlude
My Generation: 4G

Post by nucleustylzlude » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:50 pm

Don't know off hand - I remember needing a 17mm socket for the bolt head, but that doesn't really help.

(Plus I bet I'm wrong and it's actually 14mm!) :roll: :lol:

But....I've added your request to this new thread to get the ball rolling:

http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/honda-p ... t1065.html

8-)

Return to “Chassis / Brakes / Steering / Wheels”