Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Custom Dampertech Coilovers

All closed/completed sales
Buzzonion Vtec
My Generation: 4G

Custom Dampertech Coilovers

Post by Buzzonion Vtec » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:46 pm

Ok so I've deliberated over this for quite long enough and have now decided to sell these coilovers on.

Those that have followed my build thread will know that these were removed from my track car during the suspension overhaul - replaced by much stiffer rated full race items.
My original plan was to keep these coilovers as well to enable me to swap the 2 sets around for varying circuits/conditions but have now decided to sell.

The coilovers for sale here were custom made for my car to my specs using Gaz components by a company called DamperTech ( http://www.dampertech.co.uk/home.html ) and I have then refined the springs rates to the point where I found the best balance was achieved.

The dampers have fully adjustable spring seats and have full 36 way damping adjustability.
Spring rates are 520lbs front and 450lbs rear
They will be supplied with a c-spanner for spring seats and also an allen key for the locking grub screws
Dampers come with OEM front top mounts with poly bushes and modified rear top mounts with poly bushes.

As you can see from the pictures below there is some surface corrosion to the damper bodies but this in no way has any effect on their performance. I could have simply tarted them up with some paint but I prefer to show them as they are and allow the end user to paint them if they like. All I have done is disassemble the units, clean up the dampers, lubricate and fully ensure that all springs seats and adjusters are free to move and do as they should.

As with the dampers, the springs have some corrosion showing but again this is only surface and does not effect them at all.

I am being honest and fair with this sale, nothing to hide. These are superb coilovers which served me very well on the road but more importantly on the track. Pictures and video of what the car looked like and handled like with these on can be found in my Profile thread

PRICE
I am asking £300 including delivery to UK mainland. If you are outside of UK I can still ship but costs will needs to be worked out.

Please see the pictures below and further descriptions

Just a pic to show them fully disassembled to prove spring seats actually move

Spring seat locking grub screw - allen key for these supplied as well as C-spanner

Grub screw siezed on this platform so a replacement locking screw installed

One of the click damping adjusters came loose on it's shaft. The locking screw is impossibly tiny and seized so a replacement locking screw has been installed to re-secure the adjuster - works perfectly

Cheers for looking
Rich

lewd lude lover
Supporter 2015
My Generation: 5G

Post by lewd lude lover » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:56 pm

nice. these will be a good buy for someone. someone buy em quick :D stop me wondering what the difference is between these and my tein.
6th gen Prelude please Mr Honda. RWD 2.4 turbo lude.

RattyMcClelland
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

Post by RattyMcClelland » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:14 pm

Nearly similar spring rates im running on my Type S.
They are a good buy buy Gaz standards. Couple of 3rd Genners from the UK on preludepower run custom gaz stuff.

4thgenphil
Supporter 2016

Post by 4thgenphil » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:41 am

lewd lude lover wrote:nice. these will be a good buy for someone. someone buy em quick :D stop me wondering what the difference is between these and my tein.
i bet these will be better! DO IT :lol:
:thumbdown:

lewd lude lover
Supporter 2015

Post by lewd lude lover » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:15 am

too many otherthings quing up for money spent :(
6th gen Prelude please Mr Honda. RWD 2.4 turbo lude.

Buzzonion Vtec

Post by Buzzonion Vtec » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:28 pm

Thanks guys :D
Yeah these are really good coilovers that's for sure. they're not especially showy but they are built for purpose.
Spring rates changed over the many guises of the car - have been up to 675/600 f/r but gradually reduced rates to counter for further weight reduction, antiroll bars and other suspension changes.
Found the combination I ended up with to work really well in terms of compliance for bumps/kerbs on track yet still plenty stiff enough for great handling balance.

I know I am going to regret selling them.....if indeed they do sell

Buzzonion Vtec

Post by Buzzonion Vtec » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:57 pm

These are back for sale again now - I had an interested party (won't mention any names) that gave me a small deposit to hold them for him a couple of months while he secured his finances.
I was quite happy to do that but unfortunately two months slipped to three months but the "buyer" in fairness contacted me several times explaining the situation. Buyer got in touch again last week with the unfortunate news of an impending redundancy so has had to back out of the deal.

This means they are up for sale again - price is as per first post £300 delivered ono (to mainland UK)

Cheers
Rich

nelly08

Post by nelly08 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:07 pm

Would snatch these up... If I had a money tree! If they arnt sold by the end of the month, we will have to see how many pennies I can make up!

andrius7

Post by andrius7 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:36 pm

pm sent

Buzzonion Vtec

Post by Buzzonion Vtec » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:06 am

Hi Andrius, PM replied to 8-)

Return to “Sales Archive”