Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Blitskald

Found something cool online? Post a thread about it in here.
indigolemon
The Chaos Engine
My Generation: 4G
PSN GamerTag: M149YSL

Post by indigolemon » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:16 am

Good skills! @Rich :lol:

We start around 49 min 38 sec 8-)

[edit] Also, for reference, what I told him was as follows (so yeah, the whisky stuff is 100% true!)
It all started pretty much by chance. I was trying to find a modern equivalent of some software I had back on my Commodore Amiga in the 90's called Octamed and stumbled across something called Sunvox. Messing about with it, I came up with the basic melody you hear at the start of Solitude, as well as the bassline.

I mentioned this to my mate Duncan, and after a night of whisky and generally mucking about with it we had the shell of Solitude mapped out. At that point, we came up with the name Blitskald, designed a logo and ordered T-Shirts (that might have been the whisky again). Then Duncan went away and wrote the lyrics, based on a mission he'd just completed in a computer game.

We brought two of our mates, John and Moritz in later, as they play bass and drums respectively and we wanted their input for both writing and playing live. At the moment we have another few tracks in the works we're aiming to polish up to give us an EP, and eventually we'd love to have an album's worth.
'On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.' - Charles Babbage

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

Post by NafemanNathan » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:46 am

Listened to it! :D Well done guys! :clap: :rock:

I love this...
indigolemon wrote:designed a logo and ordered T-Shirts (that might have been the whisky again).

And this...
indigolemon wrote:Then Duncan went away and wrote the lyrics, based on a mission he'd just completed in a computer game.
:lol:

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine

Post by indigolemon » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:02 am

It's totally the truth! :lol:

Also, for anyone who really likes it, it's here: https://soundcloud.com/blitskald and can be downloaded.
'On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.' - Charles Babbage

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:10 am

indigolemon wrote:It all started pretty much by chance. I was trying to find a modern equivalent of some software I had back on my Commodore Amiga in the 90's called Octamed
I remember Octamed Pro - I used to have a play around with that when I was a kid. My mate and I started to write computer games, he did graphics and coding (using Amos Pro) I was going to do the sound. Graphics got quite a decent way through and a bit of the coding, but that was about it, sound stalled at the point where I wanted to get a Miracle to connect up to my machine and the parents decline funding! :D

:? probably still got a copy of Octamed on disk.

wurlycorner

Post by wurlycorner » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:24 am

Had any feedback or massive splurge in website/youtube schenanigans hits since the airplay?

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine

Post by indigolemon » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:28 pm

wurlycorner wrote:Had any feedback or massive splurge in website/youtube schenanigans hits since the airplay?
20 more views of the video since I went to bed last night, which isn't bad! Not got Google Analytics going on the site yet - never expected it to go kaboom in the way it did!

Vadkull
My Generation: 5G

Re: Blitskald

Post by Vadkull » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:49 pm

I believe the singer owns a Prelude and is on this forum too, no?

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine

Post by indigolemon » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:40 pm

Vadkull wrote:I believe the singer owns a Prelude and is on this forum too, no?
Ladies and gentlemen - meet Duncan, another part of Blitskald - this is his third post. Big hand for Duncan!

wurlycorner

Post by wurlycorner » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:01 am

Is it an obligatory requirement for joining the band? :D

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

Post by NafemanNathan » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:31 am

Hi Duncan :Hello:

Return to “Look What I Found!”