Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Type S on Ebay

Found something cool online? Post a thread about it in here.
RattyMcClelland
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

Type S on Ebay

Post by RattyMcClelland » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:04 pm

Scott560 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:54 pm
Had to go back to the Honda dealer yesterday and today (had to return the newly acquired civic for a full refund) -
What was the issue with the Civic?

Scott560

Type S on Ebay

Post by Scott560 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:04 pm

It had been accident damaged but wasn't on record. They couldn't tell me anything about it (whether they repaired it or not, or if the previous owner did). So decided it wasn't as advertised, worrying about future warranty disputes, Insurance valuation later questioned as well as any mechanical issue obviously.

Car was 2017, 7k miles 1 owner. Bought it on trust unseen (not that I'm in the habit of checking seem welds on a car newer then my phone). Found out after I came back from holiday and went to check tyre pressures...

Issues I found after a 20minute quick look - was too angry to look any further....

Missing slam panel plastic rivet.
missing tyre pressure sticker on b pillar.
Filler on the door catch.
B pillar resprayed (body cavity sticker under paint unlike rest of car).
Over spray on the A pillar and windscreen surround (tiny bit).
Coolant marks on bonnet liner.
Cracked seam weld on the driver door, rusting out.
Rear door rain seal badly fitted, presume it's been screwed on from inside, eaten into paint and rusting out on door edge (white car, gonna look shyte in a year or 2).
Bonnet needed a bit of a slam to shut.
Bonnet and bumper not lining up too good.

They didn't admit anything but didn't dispute anything either. Took a little back and forth to sort it out
but presented the issue to them on Monday and dropped off this morning so only 5 days to resolve - they didn't have anything '17 instock or anything they could do a price on so had to return.

Drove straight from there to a smaller Honda dealer in Aylesbury and felt much more welcome. Wife test drove the 1.5 sport and it's night and day compared to the 3 cylinder (especially in auto form). All done in an hour and picking it up next weekend.

Not something you expect buying approved honda stock from large franchise main dealer (Johnson's honda). Not necessarily the Oxford dealers fault as the stock came from the Slough branch, but still I have to question what kind of check/pdi took place or whether it was their repair or not...

Still were not out of pocket , get 10months tax refund for free so can't grumble too much, but doesn't quite make up for the time and hassle but there you go.
'00 UKDM 2.2VTI H22a8
'21 'e' Advance

RattyMcClelland

Type S on Ebay

Post by RattyMcClelland » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:59 pm

Yes definitely been in a big repaired accident with that and I'd agree money back to save from future hassle.

At least you can remap the 1.5 and get 250bhp out of it. Do it. Do it now.

What colour is the 1.5?

Scott560

Type S on Ebay

Post by Scott560 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:09 pm

New one will be in Rallye red which looks good.

Old one was orchid white which looked a bit naff with the black wheels.

No remapping, it's the wife's car for the wife's commute, needs to last forever as i don't fancy going through this process again any time soon lol.
'00 UKDM 2.2VTI H22a8
'21 'e' Advance

texasjohn74

Type S on Ebay

Post by texasjohn74 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:25 am

Scott560 wrote:
Had to go back to the Honda dealer yesterday and today (had to return the newly acquired civic for a full refund) - service chap told me the Type S was still out the back if i wanted to take a look. Perhaps the sale didn't go through after all or just awaiting collection, who knows...
It's on FB marketplace now. Winning bidder pulled out, and myself I decided that £6k is just a little more than I would like to spend. If it drops to £5k then I might speak to Andy again, but I think it's churlish to make an offer 20% below the asking price and I'd not want to offend the guy. In the meantime, I have half an eye on the CTR marketplace.

ATR84
XBOX GamerTag: mike84n

Type S on Ebay

Post by ATR84 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:25 am

texasjohn74 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:25 am
Scott560 wrote:
Had to go back to the Honda dealer yesterday and today (had to return the newly acquired civic for a full refund) - service chap told me the Type S was still out the back if i wanted to take a look. Perhaps the sale didn't go through after all or just awaiting collection, who knows...
It's on FB marketplace now. Winning bidder pulled out, and myself I decided that £6k is just a little more than I would like to spend. If it drops to £5k then I might speak to Andy again, but I think it's churlish to make an offer 20% below the asking price and I'd not want to offend the guy. In the meantime, I have half an eye on the CTR marketplace.
There is no harm making an offer, the worst that can happen is that he says no. :)

texasjohn74

Type S on Ebay

Post by texasjohn74 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:11 pm

I suppose not!

Scott560

Type S on Ebay

Post by Scott560 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:28 pm

Having bought and sold many cars over the year, a genuine offer and a decent buyer is better than an ebay bid and a sale that doesn't go through.

Had a bloke on Gumtree just recently 'i'll give you 300 quid cash tomorrow', i said its yours if you don't mess me about , he says 'ill turn up give you cash, drive away, as simple as that'. Next morning a text to say he didn't have all the cash, told him to do one...

Peoples time is just as important as mine - so I keep this in mind when dealing with people, and it goes a long way to securing sales (whether i'm buying or selling, cheap or expensive things).

All things considered, i'm sure 5k solid no messing about is better than a potential 6k sale that falls through, time wasted, plans ruined, ebay fees...
'00 UKDM 2.2VTI H22a8
'21 'e' Advance

texasjohn74

Type S on Ebay

Post by texasjohn74 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:44 pm

Scott560 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:28 pm
Having bought and sold many cars over the year, a genuine offer and a decent buyer is better than an ebay bid and a sale that doesn't go through.

Had a bloke on Gumtree just recently 'i'll give you 300 quid cash tomorrow', i said its yours if you don't mess me about , he says 'ill turn up give you cash, drive away, as simple as that'. Next morning a text to say he didn't have all the cash, told him to do one...

Peoples time is just as important as mine - so I keep this in mind when dealing with people, and it goes a long way to securing sales (whether i'm buying or selling, cheap or expensive things).

All things considered, i'm sure 5k solid no messing about is better than a potential 6k sale that falls through, time wasted, plans ruined, ebay fees...
Yep. I've been back and forth with him a little today after opening with an offer: He says he had viewing back along, and the guy made an offer of 5.6 just after it was advertised but he turned it down as he wanted his asking price.

In my experience the first offer can often be the best, and the person moves on to buy something else if you don't secure it. Anyway, I have made a bid and left it with him; my advice was actually to go back to the 5.6 offer and just get it sold, or let me know if it doesn't conclude with that buyer. I've hinted I'd go a touch over 5k, but not much. I will leave it with him, he knows where I am.

NB, it was all a bit more polite than I've just written above, lol
Last edited by texasjohn74 on Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RattyMcClelland

Type S on Ebay

Post by RattyMcClelland » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:47 pm

He wants £7k for it. It's farlows mates car.

Return to “Look What I Found!”