Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Alternative to LingsHondaParts

Found something cool online? Post a thread about it in here.
wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Post by wurlycorner » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:37 pm

https://www.parts-honda.uk/

That's another genuine Honda dealer offering a full online parts catalogue and ordering.
They're based in France but while we're still part of the EU trade agreement/before the government drokk that up, you can order from them without any import duties etc.

Couple of interesting points to note/advantages over Lings:
  • If you click on the part number from the list under the parts diagram, it takes you to a page that cross-references that part against the rest of the Honda parts catalogue, showing you what other models/parts diagrams it is also in - very handy for trying to suss out where else you might be able to find a part in a breakers etc!
  • I just needed to do an order of a total of 12 different part numbers (mainly cambelt job related) and have run a comparison against ordering the same parts from Lings. TEN of the parts were cheaper from this supplier, than from Lings.

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Post by wurlycorner » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:48 pm

Be aware of the difference in postage/packing though:
Standard prices:
Lings is £7.50
HondaPartsUK is £21

If I'd bought all my parts from Lings, list price was £259.43 whereas from HondaPartsUK it was £226.65
After post/packaging the difference obviously shortens a bit but after adding postage, the difference still worked out as £19.28 cheaper if I bought everything from HondaPartsUK

Because I was being geeky (and sat in front of my computer at the time) I put it all into a spreadsheet and worked out the cheapest combination - which in this instance was to order 10 parts from HondaPartsUK and 2 from Lings (total saving £19.89)

Scott560
My Generation: 5G

Post by Scott560 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:54 pm

good to know if your ever doing a big batch (or expensive parts) where the postage will not be a deal breaker...

226quid for the cambelt parts - sounds like a big haul! What did you get? Its pretty much the only maintenance job left to do on my lude...
'00 UKDM 2.2VTI H22a8
'21 'e' Advance

RattyMcClelland
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

Post by RattyMcClelland » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:20 pm

To further add. If buying lost of parts it's cheaper to buy from Hondapartanow in the usa.

I bought all 4 engine mounts and both type sh upper wishbones. Even after shipping and vat it was £250 cheaper than lings.

Return to “Look What I Found!”